Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hey, It's Time To Get Up by Abby (Writer's Workshop)

It was cold this morning--good for sleeping, but then I saw the clock and it was 15 minutes past time to get up.! Two things flashed in my brain:  (1)  I'm hungry--time for breakfast! and (2) Then it's my walk time!  I know for sure that if they sleep on, my walk will get cut short and I do not like that!  So, I nuzzled Gerard and he woke Karen up and all was well.  Gerard thanked me but I was just doing my job so I got my normal walk in! 

Manny normally starts meowing which wakes them up, but I guess he wasn't as hungry this morning as usual so I had to step up to the plate!  We all work together pretty well around here.  Still, Gerard says we should get an alarm clock but I think us pets do a good job of waking them up in the morning.  Woof!  Woof!

What do you know for sure? Please leave a comment as this is the last day for comments to count for 50 cents each to be donated to Canine Lifeline--My Favorite Charity that saved my life! I owe them big time! Woo Hoo!

This post is in response to Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop Prompt:  "What I know for sure."
Also linked up to Pet Pride with Bozo.


LeadingMama said...

Love how creatures of habit get us to give them their walk, pets, and treats!

Sheila Siler said...

What I know for sure? The smell of coffee wakes me up - and I need you to come scare the squirrels away from my birdfeeder!

Sheila Siler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianna said...

Hi, - thanks for your comment on my blog. Look forward to reading more of your posts.
And glad I made it in time for your donation to the Canine Lifeline.
Last week (for the Writing Workshop), I also pledged a donation to the Humane Society where we recently adopted a kitty!
Thanks again!

waytenmom said...

Honestly, that Abby is one articulate dog!!

Mountain Woman said...

Well, I know in the morning, I'll have coffee, feed dogs, check email, feed horses and then clean up the yard. Not at all glamorous.

I hope you made a lot of money for your charity. Can't wait to do my count tomorrow too. What a great idea.

Sandee said...

Good job Abby. You have to do what you have to do and going for that morning walk is very important.

Have a woof, woof day. :)

Suzanne G. McClendon said...

I love this whole idea of writing from the POV of the pets. How sweet!

Suzanne G. McClendon said...

PS Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Abby said...

Abby says: Thanks for all your comments!

Leading Mama:
Some humans are more trainable than others.

Sheila Siler:
Squirrels? I'd love to come help you out the them! Woo! Hoo! Oh Gerard, can I go? PLEASE!

Whew! I'm glad you made it in time too! The Humane Society is also a very good organization. Glad you got a kitty from them and did this comment/donation thing on your blog too! Pawsome! 3 cheers for you: Woof! Woof! Woof!

Thank you very much. The cats here actually taught me how to blog. I never knew about blogging when I was at the shelter. Thanks for commenting on my post! Woof! Woof!

Mountain Woman:
That is good you feed your dogs first! I get fed first too! I think because Karen doesn't want me barking. I can bark louder than Manny meows. Hope you get lots of comments for charity on your blog too! Woof! Woof!

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment! You are absolutely right about that! Woof! Woof!

Glad you liked my post! Thanks for stopping and and leaving a comment. Woof! Woof!

Sharkbytes said...

Those morning routines are important, Abby!

BeadedTail said...

Abby, we're glad you didn't let them sleep in so you didn't miss your walk and breakfast! When I wake my daddy up, he knows better than to wake mommy up too like Gerard woke up Karen. Angel wakes her up several times a night as it is!


Ludicrous Mama said...

I have a toddler for that. Not as reliable as a pet-alarm-clock. But if I groggily put out some Lucky Charms and turn on some Spongebob... I mean Sesame Street, it's like having a snooze button!

Abby said...

I know they are. Thanks for your comment!

Sadie at Beaded Tail:
Usually Karen likes getting up early too. She sometimes wakes up around 4 a.m. but then goes back to sleep and gets up with Gerard around 4:30 so it was good he woke her up. She said she was off in dreamland.

Ludicrous Mama:
Ha, ha! Thanks for your funny comment! Woof! Woof!

Bette said...

This is what I know for sure: animals are our treasure ...

I also had a wonderful dog like you Abby but I lost him a few years ago ... We're planning to get another soon ...

SnipeWife said...

Very cute. We had one dog that would bark when the newspaper got delivered or when a truck drove by--didn't matter what time of day. Our grey does not do stairs so she sleeps in her crate/room on a different floor. Greys don't really bark (singles at least) but I bet she'd nudge me awake if I let her stay in the room with me. Stopping by from Momma Kat's...

Greyscale Territory said...

O Abby! You sound so caring! Our Shadow makes a great alarm clock too! She knows to purr loudly in our ear if it's time to get up!

You look great in your photo!

Abby said...

Sad about your dog but sure hope you get another one. There are lots more nice dogs in shelters waiting for good homes! Woof!

Sad you dog doesn't sleep in the same room as you do. I'm glad I get to sleep with my owners. Woof!

Greyscale Territory:
Oh, I am caring . . . and friendly too! Cats can be quite loud when they choose to be. Glad you like my photo! Woof! Woof!

Post a Comment