Thursday, December 30, 2010

First Line Meme: Overview of My Blogging Year


I thought this idea from Suko's Notebook was a fun way to review the year of my blog so decided to do it. Like she said, after doing it one year, it will probably make me more focused on getting better first lines in my posts. The idea is to just list the first line of the first post for each month.

January 2010: (I did two posts January 1: (1) At the Creative Junkie I came across a post about her trip to San Francisco which shows all the hills.

(2) Have morning devotions in den each morning (which means less blog commenting).

February 2010: I just saw "The Wronged Man" on Lifetime and had to write about it right away.

March 2010: We read a lot of good books this month which made it hard to pick, but here's what we came up with:  Karen's Pick: Intervention by Terri Blackstock is a book about a single mother’s love for her children and the struggle to help her daughter, Emily, get off drugs.

April 2010: 1. Blogging is a big waste of time! (April Fool!)

May 2010: Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.

June 2010: The Last Child by John Hart had my attention all the way through.

July 2010: 1. Petting my cats.

August 2010: I have come to the conclusion that the cause of stress is time.

September 2010: One Dog At A Time by Pen Farthing is about a true hero. This is an outstanding true story of Pen Farthing, a royal marine serving in Afghanistan.

October 2010: According to my little poll of 22 people at Grab A Book From Our Stack, 12 people read only one book at a time, but what surprised us is that six read MORE than two at a time!

November 2010: I had two posts for November 1: (1) On Facebook this week, Ryan M. said I am one of six people other than family who significantly impacted his life. (2) Room by Emma Donoghue is an unusual story about the love between a mother and child.

December 2010: DogTown is my kind of town! DogTown by Stefan Bechtel is just a wonderful book!

This is interesting. I did better than I thought! It's fun to look back at the year this way to get a glimpse of the things I blogged about and I must say, I think I have a good mix here. I am happy with my results.

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard

2 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

That's a great idea... A year in review. Very nice summary.

pawhugs, Max

Suko said...

You have some excellent opening sentences here! :)

Post a Comment