Friday, December 24, 2010

4 Things I Learned This Week #101 (gifts, fitness, cinnamon, video)

Great Last Minute Gifts

Over At Sparkle, I got a great idea for a last-minute gift. I learned that at Best Friends (there are some others listed too), you can sponsor a rescue animal in someone elses name and they will get an e-card letting them know you made a donation in their name and show the animal you picked to sponsor.

Working Out

When reading my Biggest Loser calendar, I came across this tip from Jillian (one of the trainers on the show): Eat a small snack 30 minutes before a workout so your body doesn't metabolize your muscle tissue for energy.

Cinnamon


According to Joyce Schneider, NY Healthy Diet Examiner, Cinnamon has 5 times as many antioxidants as 1/2 cup of blueberries or a cup of pomegranate juice. Since I saw this, I started eating Kellogg's Fiber Plus Cinnamon Oat Crunch cereal--it's good!


Saturday Sampling

Over at Half Past Kissin' Time, since Saturday is Christmas, there isn't going to be a Saturday Sampling post this week; therefore, I will share my top finds of the week that I would have linked up with you here:
A Christmas Story-Sometimes Angels Have Screwy Wings over at Duck and Wheel With String

I forgot which blog I saw this video on, but it cracked me up! Please let me know if it was your blog I saw this on. I learned from this that Adults have the phone number to Santa's home. I loved that line!


Click this link for more Friday Fragments.

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard

10 comments:

Sandee said...

I love Bill Cosby. He's just so very funny.

You and Gerard have a very Merry Christmas. :)

Doreen McGettigan said...

Oh that Bill Cosby!
I wish you the most peaceful and blessed Christmas and a prosperous and Healthy New Year!!

Kay said...

bill cosby makes me laugh about many, many things!! i appreciate the tip about cinnamon. i also need to remember to grab a snack before a workout. so i guess i need to get back into working out to use that one, though, huh?? ;-) have a great Christmas!!

Daisy said...

I hope you and Gerard have a Merry Christmas!

Bill Lisleman said...

great clip you found.
Merry Christmas

Java said...

Hi!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

I am now following you. Please follow me if you haven't already done so!!

Be sure to come by on Sunday for the Meet Me On Monday Blog Hop!

Have a great day and Merry Christmas! I love the kitties!!
Java

BeadedTail said...

So many great things you learned this week! I was glad to learn from Sparkle about sponsoring an animal at Best Friends too. That's a great idea!

Hope you, Gerard, Spunky Doodle, Manny and Abby have a very Merry Christmas!

Forty and Trying to be Fab said...

Great blog. Following via blog hop. Follow me back if you like at http://www.fortyandtryingtobefab.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Loved the Bill Cosby video, so funny! I did not know that about cinnamon. Very interesting!

Sparkle said...

I am glad you liked my Christmas gift idea! Anything that helps animals in need is something I love to talk about!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Post a Comment