Monday, December 13, 2010

Meet My "Snowwoman"--Ms. Poofy!


I could moan and grown about the snow, but instead I choose to enjoy it and make the most of it. When at the eye doctor last week I happened to pick up a magazine that had instructions for making a snowman that I thought I would try. I always thought you just rolled the snow into three balls and stacked them on top of each other, but this article said you should do it this way:

1. Use a shovel and pile up the snow in a big pile.
2. Use your hands to sculpt your snowman.
3. Make it on a platform so it's not right on the ground.
4. When finished, our water on it to make it last longer.



When I was off work last Thursday, I decided to give it a try in the backyard to see how it would work. It took me about half an hour to make my snow woman--Ms. Poofy.  It was fun and much easier than rolling balls of snow.  I just wish Gerard would have been home to take pictures of me actually making it. Abby, our dog, enjoyed being outside watching me do it. I used the fur hat that I seldom wear since it bothers my ears. Don't you think it looks nice on her?

Now, I have a challenge for you.  Go have some fun in the snow like a kid again, making a snow sculpture, take a picture of it and write a post including a link back here. Then come back and link up here so we can all share our creations.  The Linky will be open for a week so c'mon, let's have some fun!  

I realize some of you don't have snow but hope you don't feel too bad about missing out on this fun activity.



Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard

9 comments:

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Karen! Yours looks just like mine from last year!

It's Snow Thing's cousin!

Rebecca said...

Haha! Mrs Poofy is a stunning figure of elegance and beauty.

I'll have to get the kids to do something in the snow. Usually, they just knock each other around, lol.

Karen and Gerard said...

Kathy: I remember that post of yours! Love the pink!

Sandee said...

It doesn't snow where I live. Thank God. I don't care for the snow one bit.

Have a terrific day. :)

Kathy said...

Oh, and I gotta tell ya.. I found it was just as hard making my snow man without rolling pieces of it around. Or maybe I'm just that out of shape! I remember being way more exhausted than I thought I would be.

Marg said...

That is one good snow man or lady. We haven't had any snow yet and hopefully we don't get that much. All I hope is that we don't have an ice storm. But that snowman is really something. Good job.

Jenners said...

Thanks for the hints!! I've been doing the three ball thing and it doesn't work out a lot ... lots of collapse! I'll have to try this technique when we get some snow. We also are going to attempt a crawl in snow fort this year too!

BeadedTail said...

Ms. Poofy turned out really good! We don't have any snow but we have enough rain to make a mudman! :)

Lin said...

I'm not going outside to make any snowmen--it's too cold!!! Ms. Poofy is very cute, but you really had to have instructions??? ;)

Post a Comment