Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thank You Grover Trophy--What A Nice Surprise!

After I got back from my doctor appointment in which he confirmed that the Cancer in fact did not spread to the lymph nodes and that it is treatable with a hormone pill, the doorbell rang. I looked out the window and saw a truck from a florist--immediately thinking flowers, but no. I got something much more useful--a basket of fruit and hard candy with a note from Grover/Trophy Music wishing me well. This is where Gerard works. I thought that was a very nice gesture on their part. Manny had some fun helping me get it open while Spunky Doodle napped on the bed.

As far as the big update I thought I'd get today on my treatment, I found out I have to make an appointment with a medical oncologist to find out if I need Chemo or not and then another appointment with the radiation oncologist. Nothing was available until September 22 and 25 so more waiting.

9 comments:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Glad to hear the good news. Will continue to lift you and Gerard up in our prayers. Great surprise basket!

Daisy said...

That's very good news! And the candy and fruit basket was such a thoughtful gesture.

Sandee said...

What a very nice thing for Gerards workplace to do. Very nice indeed.

Wonderful news on the doctors appointment. Prayers continue.

Have a terrific day and weekend Karen. :)

Jen said...

Wonderful news and what a gracious gift :) Enjoy your weekend!

Jen

Donna Bragg said...

I will continue to pray for you sister!
I know you will enjoy those goodies!

Your sister in CHRIST,
Donna

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'm happy for your encouraging news. I hope everything works out as easy as possible with this.

BeadedTail said...

That's wonderful news! The fruit and candy basket was a very nice gesture from Gerard's employer!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

I like the oranges--they are real juicy! Thanks so much for all your prayers, I go back to work Monday.

Post a Comment