Friday, September 4, 2009

3 Things I Learned This Week--Part 35


Chemo Update


Although the initial news on my surgery is good, as far as they could tell the Cancer did not spread to the lymph nodes so he did not remove them all, they still have to inspect them more closely this week. There are also two other tests that will determine if I will need to have Chemo or not. I won't know the final results until next Wednesday when I meet with my surgeon who will then discuss my further treatment. So far so good, so I'm still trusting the Lord to help me through this and give me a speedy and complete recovery.

Exercise


Mountain Woman and Tim from Everyday Living have teamed up to do a blog about weight loss based on exercise. It just started this week so be sure to visit and get in on the ground floor. Both these people have lost a lot of weight so can really be helpful. They are making it very interactive and are even giving away a $100 gift certificate to Dick's so it's worth checking out: Get Moving With Mountain Woman and Tahtimbo.

Driving in a Downpour


My husband tried this and he said it worked. Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windscreen is still bad...... In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES (any model will do), and miracle! All of a sudden, your visibility in front of your windscreen is perfectly clear, as if there is no rain. Make sure you always have a pair of SUN GLASSES in your car. Amazing, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet of rain falling. You can see where the rain bounces off the road. It works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing semi's spraying you too. Or the "kickup" if you are following a semi or car in the rain.



For More Friday Fragments click here.

17 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm going to have my mommeh try the sunglasses trick. We have lots of tropical downpours here!

The Florida Furkids said...

We're purring and purraying for a good report from your tests.

We're going to have our Mom try that trick too.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Sara Elizabeth said...

I am praying for you to have a speedy and complete recovery as well.

Happy FF!

won said...

Can't wait for a downpour to test that theory out myself!!

Mary Ellen said...

Sending positive thoughts for a good report.

I can't wait to try out the sunglasses trick!

The Bumbles said...

Really?! Sunglasses? I will certainly try that one. I use Rain-X which works awesome.

Sandee said...

Still have you in my prayers. Standing by for the next piece of news.

I didn't know about the sun glasses thing. I keep a pair in the car from now on. Not that it rains a lot in California.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

MrsSki said...

I really hope that you receive a good report! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I will definitely be trying the sunglasses while driving in the rain. I HATE driving in the rain so any advice is appreciated!

Hope you have a good weekend!

Claudya Martinez said...

I am sending you positive thoughts for health and a speedy recovery.

Thank you for the sunglasses tip.

mub said...

I had no idea about the sunglasses thing!

I hope you receive good news from the doctor and are on the way to a quick recovery.

The Silver Age Sara said...

Wow, I would have never thought of trying sunglasses in the rain. I'm going to give this a try because it's really hard for me to see when it's raining.

Thanks for mentioning our new blog. It's for those who are really struggling and think exercise is just for the super fit.

You are in my prayers every day and night.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Here's hoping you get a good result from your tests and that no chemo will be necessary...keeping you in my thoughts an prayers.

I am SO going to try the sunglasses trick the next time I'm driving in a downpour!

Happy FF a day late! :)

Unknown said...

will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...my dad is fixing to start round 2 of chemo...

Kristin - The Goat said...

I use a RainX windshield washer fluid. It makes driving in the rain an amazing thing. I used to freak out in rainstorms - it wasn't pretty.

I certainly hope that you get two thumbs up on your health. Goodness, it's sounds like you are handling it well. Prayers to you.

Kristin - The Goat

Mrs4444 said...

That sunglasses trick is intriguing! I'll try it. And now you've inspired me to get off my butt and exercise RIGHT NOW.

Praying for you...

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Karen, I'm glad to hear the preliminary news. Let's hope for more on Wednesday!

I was disheartened to see a Time article getting some airplay that says exercise won't make you thin. It's a bad message to send to people who are just looking for an excuse not to move more.

tahtimbo said...

Karen, I am still praying for you and I know that God will be holding your hand and will be with you each step of the way.

I never knew the sunglasses trick. I will give this a try next time. Thanks for the tip:)

Post a Comment