Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Cooked! (This Is My 500th Post By The Way!)


Anyone who knows me knows I am not a cook. I do not spend more than 20 minutes a day in the kitchen and most of that time is spent feeding the cats, the dog and preparing Abby's Kong toy for when we leave. Lately though, I've had a taste for scrambled eggs and kept thinking that we'd be going out for breakfast soon and I'd get some then. It seems though, we never went out for breakfast yet and I still wanted some. I asked my friend, Tim, from our puppet team who really likes to cook for a simple recipe for scrambled eggs that I could make in the microwave.

Even then I didn't have any eggs so had to buy some. I chickened out the first trip to the store but the second time, I decided to give it a try Friday morning. I felt so good that they turned out that I made a couple more right away. Sorry you can't see my excitement in the picture but Gerard was out walking Abby at the time.

Here it is for anyone else who is kitchen challenged like me and still doesn't know how to make scrambled eggs:

2 eggs
1 Tablespoon of milk
Mix with a fork
Cook in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes (that's what mine took) May want to start with 30 seconds and just add time until they are the right consistency
Mash around with fork and done!


Linking this post up with Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop prompt:  Write a post inspired by the word "eggs."

9 comments:

tahtimbo said...

I would have never thought to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave. I'm glad that they turned out and it is such a simple recipe. If you like a little "tang" in your eggs, you could use buttermilk instead of regular milk.
Thanks for the recipe:)

Sandee said...

I love scrambled eggs. Good for you Karen.

Have a terrific day. :)

Karen said...

I thought eggs would blow up in the microwave! LOL

Daisy said...

My Mommeh sometimes cooks a single egg for an egg sammich in the microwave. Just put about a teaspoon of water in the bottom of a small bowl or cup and be sure to pierce the yolk or it will blow up! It only takes about 50 seconds. The bit of water in the bottom makes it slide right out. Put a paper towel over the cup or bowl while it is cooking, just in case.

Ruthi said...

Wow... this is indeed an big step for you Karen. Congratulations. I have never tried cooking scrambled eggs in a microwave simply because I only use the microwave for heating up food. Anyway, if you want some fancy scrambled eggs dish maybe you can add some chopped tomatoes or green pepper or other vegetables that you life... just a variation since you already tried the plain one. Thanks for sharing.

BeadedTail said...

I hate to cook too but scrambled eggs is about the only thing I will cook! I've never tried them in the microwave before since I like to put mushrooms and green peppers in my scrambled eggs so I make it on the stove. Hope you enjoy more mornings at home eating your scrambled eggs for breakfast!

Homestay Mama said...

Congratulations, Karen! A definite step in the right direction. The next thing you'll be telling us is that you bought a stove! ;-)

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Tahtimbo: I only use the microwave! If it can't be done in there, then I don't do it. I'll pass on adding tang.

Sandee: Thanks!

Karen: Mine didn't. Maybe if you put the egg in with shell and all it would.

Daisy: Hm, curious about blowing up the egg. Is it hard-boiled first before you put it in the cup? Do you take the shell off? I don't like egg sandwiches, just curious about how the egg blows up.

Ruthi: I did think about adding some tomato or green pepper but since I didn't have any peppers and I didn't want to push my luck, I just went with plain. Maybe some day. I can certainly see more possibilities. Must get some ketchup packets. I like them better with ketchup but don't need a whole big bottle.

Beaded Tail: I would think you could just add in the mushrooms and pepper when you mix them up before putting them in. You should try it--they came out very good!

Homestay Mama: LOL, thanks for the morning laugh! That certainly would be a surprise--me buying a stove--HA, HA, HA. Times change though, who knows, maybe one day. I never say "never."

Mrs4444 said...

Good for you! :) For a change, try serving them with a little salsa on top. Yummmm.

Post a Comment