Friday, September 11, 2009

4 Things I Learned This Week-Part 36


Deer


At Everyday Adventurer I found 10 Tips to get Close to a Deer. Ratty posts some really good nature pictures on his blog. Basically, you need to be quiet and don't let the deer think your interested in it by avoiding eye contact, approaching slowly and at an angle. I think it would also help not to have a dog with you!

Pants


I learned through the PLAIN DEALER this week that it's against the law for ladies to wear pants in public in Sudan. Check out my post about it on my Zemek's Updates blog here.

Next Of Kin


I got an email from a friend that told me about the ability to add next of kin information through the Ohio BMV so that in case of an accident, they can find out who to contact that way. I don't know if other states have this or not, but you may want to look into it. Here is the link to the Ohio one where you can register the information. It took me about 3 minutes: https://www.dps.state.oh.us/netsys/netdb/ENGLISH/MMENU.asp

Back To Work


I'll be going back to work on Monday but still will have time off for my upcoming docotr appointments. Really no reason why I can't work now--I'm feeling fine without any pain! Thanks for all those you have been praying for me.

For more Friday Fragments, Click Here

13 comments:

Daisy said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to go back to work!

Sara Elizabeth said...

That is wonderful that you are going back to work and are in no pain. Truly wonderful.

That is pretty neat how deers like to be approached at an angle. I have always wanted to pet a deer, but I am affraid of deer ticks.

Smoochiefrog said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Interesting about the deer and the pants. :)

Caution/Lisa said...

Not being able to wears pants would completely change my life, I think.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and ready for work :))

Stacy Uncorked said...

That's great that you're feeling fine with no pain! WooHoo!!

Interesting info about the deer and pants - I love deer...and pants. :)

Happy FF! :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

What a great link about getting close to a deer. Thanks. I don't think we have anything for the next of kin here in Florida, but we do now have a website to sign up to be an organ donor. I love how easy it is do things online, especially when it involves gov't stuff lol no long lines!

Kristin - The Goat

MrsSki said...

I will not be getting any closer than necessary to deer...they scare the crap out of me! Plus, deer are all over the place where I live just waiting to pounce in front of my car...it's a deer conspiracy!

Happy Friday...great fragments!

Liz Mays said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That's a pretty cool program Ohio has! And, I might sneak up on a deer given the opportunity.

Claudya Martinez said...

Enjoy your transition back to work and I hope you remain pain-free.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'm glad you're feeling good enough to go back to work, but sorry you have to work. Play is always better than work. :)

Thanks for featuring my deer tips. This is the best exposure they've had. I'm glad for anyone to see them.

Homestay Mama said...

That's good news, Karen. Glad to hear it!

mub said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to get back to work!

Mrs4444 said...

Glad to hear you're feeling well. My prayers for you will continue :)

I wish my state had a link like that! :(

Post a Comment