Friday, September 25, 2009

5 Things I Learned This Week--Part 38

Twitter


On Twitter, I found an article by Andrew Wong called "How to Grow Your Twitter Followers". Some I already knew like don't jumble up a bunch of Tweets, spread them out and of course don't tweet others' stuff without "RT" and don't talk about your boring things that no one else would care about. But, it also included a good list of what type of things to tweet which included: inspirational messages, good book you read, lesson learned, helpful links, facts that could benefit others, meaningful local events or seminars and interesting or humorous things. Also included was a list of what not to tweet. Here's my twitter page: http://twitter.com/kzemek.

At GoodNCrazy I also discovered a way to add "Tweet This" to your Blogger blog posts. She gives the the HTML code to use in your Blogger template with instructions on how to do it. I'm going to try it. See the Twitter bird at the bottom of this post? Click on it to see how it works. It should take you right to your Twitter sign in page and then automaticaly inserts a tweet referring back here.

Parenting


I came across a new blog, "I'm Living Proof That God Has A Sense Of Humor" this week written by a mother of two sets of twins under the age of 4 who had some helpful parenting tips that Super Nanny is invited to try including "I've Got My Eye On You" technique, the "Freezing Cold Hands" technique, the "Always Keep Them Guessing" technique and "They Know Where Their Bread is Buttered" technique. If you have small kids, be sure to check out this blog! Even though I do not have children, this blog is hilarious--has to be the best new blog I discovered this week through SITS.

noreply@blogger


I noticed that some comments I get I can respond to by email while others say "noreply@blogger" so can't respond by email. This week I learned why. It's all because of one little box being checked or not checked on your blogger profile. For more specific instructions, check out "Dear No-rely Blogger" at GoodNCrazy.

Vet Bills


When reading Sassy Sasha The Lovable Shih Tzu, I came across an interesting post stating that "the ASPCA supports H.R. 3501, which would amend U.S. tax code to allow qualifying pet care expenses, including veterinary care, to be tax-deductible." You can help by writing your U.S. representative today urging them to support this bill: Humanity and Pets Partnered Through the Years (“HAPPY”) Act H.R. 3501. To read more or for a form letter, visit ASPCA Advocacy Alerts.

To see other Friday Fragments, click here.

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

Tweet This

14 comments:

Sara Elizabeth said...

Oh how I hated getting the noreply@blogger in my email from comments. That is why I love having Disqus installed. I actually wrote about Disqus on my FF today.

I LOVE that you mentioned the Vet bills information. I am going to that link right now. Thanks so much for the info.!!

Happy FF!

Daisy said...

I was wondering how people respond to comments by e-mail. I guess you have to have you blog set up to get an e-mail notice when someone comments?

won said...

Happy Friday!!

Caution/Lisa said...

I am learning so much from you! Thanks :)

annies home said...

what an interesting post thanks so much for sharing

Sandee said...

Lifelong learning is a very good thing.

Have a terrific day and weekend Karen. :)

Eternal Lizdom said...

I often wish I could send a more personal and deep reply by e-mail, too. I think it's the next big blog movement after getting rid of word verification.

Gonna go click some of those links you gave!!

Ziggy Stardust said...

What a nice and interesting blog you have. Thank you for mentioning my blog.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Mrs4444 said...

Karen, you have really been sharing some gems in your fragments. THANK YOU! I've been wanting a Tweet This button for a while now. I also checked out that blog, and you're right; she's pretty funny. Thanks for joining in this week :)

mub said...

I haven't jumped on the Twitter wagon, but that was an interesting read!

That's interesting info about the vet care, I hope it goes through.

The Silver Age Sara said...

That was so interesting. I don't use twitter all that much and I guess my tweets are pretty boring cause I talk about the weather all the time.
I never knew anything about the no reply at blogger so I'm off to learn more.
Just wondering if you ever thought about pet insurance for Abby? There's so many different organizations offering it and it's really helpful if you run into a serious problem.
Thanks for all the wonderful info!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Hi Karen,
I'm back again. I read about the "no reply" and see it refers to email addresses. I don't have my email address on my blogger profile for privacy reasons. I've know a couple of people who have actually had their email accounts hacked from doing so. Maybe I should make up a special email address just for my blogger profile.

Unknown said...

Wow Karen you learned some pretty neat things this past week. I am on Twitter, but I hardly every get on it! I hope you and Gerard have a great weekend!

Jodi

Sara E said...

great tips! someone linked me up to your post because I just started tweeting yesterday :)

http://twitter.com/SaraEisMe

Post a Comment