Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Made An Ice Cream Cake!

Someone told me how to make an ice cream cake and I'm actually giving it a try. It sounded easy enough that even I could do it.

All you need is Klondike bars and Cool Whip!



Put a layer of cool whip in the bottom of a pan.
Then some Klondike bars (I just used two here).
A second layer of Cool Whip.
A second layer of Klondike bars.
A third layer of Cool Whip.
Freeze it.


Since there are only two of us to eat this, I just used a small container but you could use a regular cake pan and just make larger layers.

It cut easily the next day and came out nicely! It tasted delicious too! Gerard liked it too!



I had this for my supper last night. Of course, you can fancy up the top too with, sprinkles, nuts, cherries, strawberries, or whatever else you think would be good. I still have some cool whip left so maybe next time I'll add some kind of topping. I'm just thrilled it turned out!

7 comments:

Grampy said...

I just stole your ice cream cake recipe. Next time we go to the In-Laws I will be a hero.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Hi Karen! Thanks for stopping by and for your friendly advice. I think maybe you didn't realize the blog had JUST posted when you dropped in. No one had really had time to comment yet. I think my reader's will be coming by. They usually do. :) And they expect me to be windy - all 173 of them. They know they're free to take me in pieces or not at all but they keep coming anyway! Go figure! Blessings to you today.

Daisy said...

Mmmmm! I want to have ice-cream cake for my supper!

Jude said...

I love Klondikes, but I see you have Oreo Klondikes, I've never tried those because I have never cared much for Oreo's yes I know how unamerican of me. So now I'll have to buy one and try it before I ruin perfectly good whip cream.

Mrs4444 said...

Looks YUMMY!!!

Lulu said...

i love ice cream cake !

Karen and Gerard said...

Grampy--Your granddaughter could make this!

Robyn's Ravings: Sorry, I didn't notice it was just posted when I commented. I did notice you have lots of followers! Congrats!

Daisy: Did you have a good supper?

Jude: Klondike bars come in a variety of flavors now--vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint and Oreo cookie. I chose the Oreo cookie one because that's the one my husband likes best.

Mrs4444: it is!

Lulu: So do we, but we don't have it very often.

Post a Comment