Friday, August 14, 2009

5 Things I Learned This Week-Part 32

Help For Team Managers


At Your Fun Family there is a post about a cool website available where you can manage your sports team. It's called www.teamsnap.com but the only catch is, it's not free except for a 30-day free trial.

The Secret Is In The Sauce

This week I was referred to look into SITS by Mountain Woman. SITS is a site that promotes commenting on blogs. It's a great way to find new blogs and bring more traffic to your blog. Each day you just leave a comment to "check in" and then there is a featured blog which has links to three of their best posts. The idea is to visit these blogs and leave a comment. If you've been seeing comments with "Happy SITS day" or "Visiting from SITS" or "Congrats on your SITS day" or something similar, this is what that refers to. It's just another community of bloggers who visit and comment on each others blogs. Why not check it out?

Kirk Cameron


I just finished reading Kirk Cameron's autobiography, Still Growing and learned a whole lot about him that I didn't know, such as:
  • He was an atheist but became a Christian.

  • He married an actress and has six kids.

  • He and his wife run a camp each summer for families with special need kids to have fun.

  • In his recent movie, "Fireproof," the producers respected his conviction about not kissing any woman other than his wife su let her substitute in for the big kiss at the end of the movie.

Saving Money


To cut down on your cost for textbooks, you can rent them! There are several sites that you can try and one even plants a tree when you rent a book from them! Check out the post I found about this at Robynn's Ravings.

Cats love


At Meow Diaries I found a whole list of ways cats show they love you. I am pleased to report my cats do all these things: blink at me, show me their belly, let me groom them, knead and rub against me. Glad to know I am loved!

5 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Thank for the new site...I will pop right over.

I love cats too, so that was a good place to visit!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

The Silver Age Sara said...

Thanks to SITS, I've found wonderful readers, new blogs to visit and a welcoming community. No more mindless card dropping for me at long last.
I love Kirk Cameron and respect him as well so I was interested to read about the book.
The post on Robynn's Ravings was very interesting and a great way to save money.
Thanks Karen for all the info!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Day Photo: If you like cats, be sure to visit my cats' blog at http://karen.pnn.com (Cat Corner--MEOW tab at top).

Mountain Woman: I'm so glad you told me about SITS. Such a neat community.

SoBella Creations said...

Welcome to SITS!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Visiting from Mountain Woman's blog to say hello and send my best.

Post a Comment