Monday, June 8, 2009

Sprucing Up The Yard For Spring


Gerard and I always like to get our yard looking nice after the long winter. Although Gerard does most of the yard work, he lets me choose the flowers to plant every year. This year I chose the blue Labella for our flower pots and swan planters.

For our front circles, we got petunias again since I thought they did so well last year. We got red, white and purple ones this year and Gerard planted them all because I still had a cold. Usually I'll at least dig the holes.

In the back we went with some perennials for Dickie Bird's garden. It's called silver mound.

I think and on the other side of our air conditioner, we planted something that is supposed to get some flowers on it during June but I don't remember the name of it. Do you know what these are called?

In the back, I trimmed our neighbor's tree that comes through our side of the fence and we planted coleus again in Moe's garden.

While Gerard planted them, I attacked the weeds that were growing behind our garage and got most of them out.


Gerard had fun trimming our front bush with the long clippers for the first time. Now all we have to do is sit back and watch our flowers grow bigger.

Do you enjoy planting flowers in your yard every spring? What kind do you get?

3 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

Oh how beautiful and I love the colors you chose. I've been busy planting too although mostly sunflowers for the fall. Your yard is absolutely gorgeous.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Mountain Woman: Gerard gets credit for keeping them growing. It'll even look better in July when they get fuller and bigger.

Cris said...

Please post it in July. How was it now?

Post a Comment