Sunday, June 14, 2009

Comment Showcase

We get pleasure from reading the comments on our blogs and appreciate some of our readers taking extra time to leave them for us. I know I generally don't look at the comments on posts unless I want to make a comment so thought it would be nice to highlight some of the ones we received the last two weeks that we thought were exceptional. Here they are:

Beaded Tail commented on 5 Things I Learned This Week--Part 22

Beaded Tail said: Very clever about the moat around the cat food bowl!

And I finished your book last night and enjoyed it very much! It was everything you said and more! I felt myself going through the emotions that you must have been feeling when dealing with your dad from happiness and laughter to frustration and even sadness. Thank you so much!

On What Graduate Can You Surprise?
I chose the following interesting comments to share here:

Lin said...

My daughter just graduated from 8th grade and my husband's side "does not celebrate" grade school graduations, so the party will be a little sparse. We've received a few cards, but people don't think to send them anymore. I think you are right--it is a nice treat! How kind of you to do that for the kids.

Sandee said...

Only one this year, my granddaughter. She did get a card with money inside and next month on her birthday (18 years old) we are buying her a car.

What a nice thing you are doing though. Good for you.

Have a terrific day. :)

Anonymous said... (I don't get many anonymous comments, wonder who you are?)

The kids love it, they like that they are better at it than Joe and I am they can all play, we mostly play when it is rainy outside so it is a fun thing, they like the bowling and the boxing and all those games it is more geared toward "todays" kids, rather than us that actually went bowling all the time. I like the Wii fit but really do not get to play very much. All in all we do not play the wii nearly as much as I thought we would but it is fun for the kids.

On What Do You Do At Lunch Besides Eat? Mountain Woman said...

I'm retired now but when I was working, I'd head to the gym (which was close by) and swim laps. It always left me refreshed and not quite so hungry and ready to face the hectic afternoon.


The last thing we want to do is hurt someone's feelings doing this. We just thought it may encourage some more to comment and give a little recognition to those who leave comments. We seem to have a nice group of commenters and thought we'd like to try this and see how it goes. Let us know what you think.

4 comments:

The Bumbles said...

I think this is a nice idea for you to do. We featured some of our favorite commenters for a Thursday 13 post which was fun to do. I think doing it weekly or monthly would be a wonderful way to introduce readers to each other and draw attention to some posts maybe others might have missed. Keep it up!

Lin said...

I find that commenting directly back to people in the comments section acknowledges their contribution. People like responses to their comments and I've found they check back often and sometimes comment again! It's kind of fun actually!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Karen, I think it's lovely what you have done. I always read the comments when I leave one because it's fun to see other's thoughts. I also subscribe to follow up comments and that's a lot of fun too. I always answer comments left on my blog although it might take me a few days to get back to everyone. Anyway, I love your blog.

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Bumbles: Thanks for your feedback. I think it may serve a purpose so will give it a try for a few weeks anyhow and see how it goes.

Lin: I do try to respond in the comments but when I leave comments, I don't always remember to check back. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Mountain Woman: I really don't like to subscribe to comments because they it takes me forever to get through my email. Thanks for your feedback.

Post a Comment