Friday, June 19, 2009

4 Things I Learned This Week of 2009--Part 24


Kid's Entertainment


Using toilet paper tubes, wax paper, tempera powder paint, plaster of Paris and water, you can make your own sidewalk chalk. Here is the recipe at The Green Cheapskate.

Good Search

Use www.goodsearch.com to do your Internet searching and they will donate money to a charity that you choose. My friend at Kitten Krazy told me about this.

Pet Finder


I discovered www.Petfinder.com this week when we submitted our application to adopt Pearl, a dog we saw at the zoo "Meet Your Best Friend Day." Although Pearl did not work out, I found that you can insert the size, animal, breed you are looking for and your area code on this site and it brings up available animals in your area that meet your search requirements. I found two other possible dogs, the first one we are pursuing is Gabby who we will meet tomorrow. She has a huge smile!

Cat & Dog Tips


At the cat/dog log I found out about a newsletter you can sign up for giving you cat and dog tips every day at www.dogster.com and www.catster.com. I just signed up today!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Petfinder is great! I cannot wait to learn about Gabby.

Alan said...

Good luck finding a dog. Is it your first?
Just remember to get the right fit...which is not that easy.

The border collie is one of the smartest, but the worst if you don't plan on giving it a lot ... and I do mean a lot of exercise, including mental exercise.

Chow Chow,Huskies,Pomeranians,beautful to look at, that's about it

I always recommend when someone asks me...a retriever of any kind.

A kitten is just a little cat, a puppy is WORK.

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Daisy: We love Gabby already! She's a wonderful dog but does not want to stay in the basement unless we are down there too. Spunky and Manny are keeping their distance and have just seen her from a distance.

Alan: We think we found a dog for us that will work--we hope! It's a shepherd, Norwegian Elk mix. An overweight medium dog that likes cats and doesn't jump on us or our furniture, and hasn't shown any interest in our stuffed animals.

Post a Comment