Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Adventures With Our New Dog, Abby

UPDATED 6/24/09: Visit Abby's blog page at Zemeks' Updates: Abby--Woof Woof.
We love having Abby! Yesterday she had fun on her walk chasing a rabbit! It was way too quick for her but she tried. She loves meeting and greeting the other dogs of the neighborhood and she is learning to walk nicely along with us. We are so thrilled to have found such a great dog. She even touched noses with Spunky Doodle.

Last night, she slept in the bedroom with us and Spunky Doodle still came on the bed, not Manny yet though.

On her walk today, she stopped along the way and I looked down and saw she was standing on a bunch of ants. Some were crawling on her foot and started up her leg even! I quickly got her moving along and brushed off all the ants. Sure didn't want those coming into my house.

Here is a short video of her first few days at our home:


Now I'm off to Pet Supplies Plus for Frontline for her. Fortunately, we used it on our cats a day or two before we got her. I assumed she had been treated but the lady that brought her to us said she didn't think she had.

9 comments:

Sandee said...

You dropped the G in Gabby and ended up with Abby. I like that.

She looks very happy. Good for all of you.

Have a terrific day. :)

Mike Golch said...

Good posting.thanks for sharing it.

BeadedTail said...

Abby does look like she loves it in her new forever home! Glad to hear that Spunky Doodle is getting used to her already!

The Silver Age Sara said...

I'm so happy it's working out so well for all of you. That's so exciting. Dogs are wonderful and fantastic company.

wildcatsthree said...

Abby's story sounds very much like our Rosie's survival and adoption story. She is a very lucky dog, and what a lovely name (our Abby agrees).
I'm glad Spunky and Manny are adjusting to your newcomer. It just goes to show if you give them some time to get used to each other without pushing them together, they'll be fine. I'm so glad you rescued a pup from a shelter and gave her a new chance at happiness. Thank you Karen and Gerard!
Chris, Abby, Rosie, Angel, Gidget and Lola

Daisy said...

I love how she looks so happy and friendly!

Jude said...

I'm happy you found such a great addition to your family and so happy Abby gets to have happiness in her life.

Mrs4444 said...

She's a real cutey, and you look so happy with her :)

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Sandee: Yes, just dropping the "G" seemed logical. Still the same sound basically, but a nicer name.

Beaded Tail: Abby seems to love it here--she's always with one of us. Spunky even stayed on her cat tree today when the dog came right over by it which I was glad to see. Manny though seems to just stay upstairs now all day. Not good. He comes down in the morning when the dog is out for a walk, peeks in at it when it's laying next to me and then leaves.

Mountain Woman: It's working out fine, I actually get out more now and away from the computer. Have cut way back on my EC drops.

Wildcatsthree: Abby seems to be a good name for her and I am teaching her to recognize it. I work with her about 10 minutes a day on commands. We are working on a big surprise for our blogging friends. She is 5 years old though and extremely well behaved--not exactly a pup, more like a DOG.

Daisy: We do too!

Jude & Mrs4444: Thanks! We are all very happy except for Manny who hasn't quite come around completely yet.

Post a Comment