Friday, July 6, 2012

6 Friday Fragments (funny, Google, Graduation, celebrities, job, beards)


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:
  1. Senior Moments

    Jodi's Journey had the funniest post I saw this week with this funny video about Senior Moments. Fortunately, I'm not this bad off yet!
  2. Google Search

    It was nice to know someone actually did find our blog through a Google search. It was nice of them to leave a comment letting me know too! They searched for "how to fold a napkin" and did the crown fold using the instructions I shared!
  3. Graduation and Certified

    The highlight of our week was with Abby completing her advanced training class at PetSmart and passing her Canine Good Citizen Test. We are so proud of her!  Of course, her diploma is displayed on our refrigerator!
  4. Andy Griffith R.I.P.


    I was sad to learn Andy Griffith died of a heart attack at age 86. I was surprised to see he was divorced twice and was on his third marriage. I was also surprised to see he never won an Emmy award but Don Knotts did for his role as Barny Fife on The Andy Griffith Show. My dad always enjoyed watching him on "Matlock" too. He loved his hometown in N.C. and even has a street named after him! I learned all this from an article on Yahoo News (sorry, I didn't get the link). I enjoyed reading The Way Back To Mayberry--Lessons From A Simpler Time by Joey Fann.
  5. Cat Sitting

    Remember when I wrote about My Dream Job? Well, I actually get to take a crack at it during my vacation week coming up the week of the 16th. A friend has asked me to take care of her two cats and two birds while she is gone and I am excited!
  6. Beards


    When reading Gone Missing by Linda Castillo this week, I learned that in an Amish community, men who are married have beards. That is definitely more noticeable than a ring! I wonder if this is actually true. My review of this book will be posted tonight on our book blog if interested.
(We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.)

Share this:

8 comments:

Lin said...

I was sad to hear of Andy Griffith's passing as well. Seems like life had more innocence and class back in those days--times have certainly changed.

Ann in the UP said...

Thanks for the great links! And a pat and a hug for Abby. Good dog!

From all the comments I have read this week, all the world loved Andy's gentle wise sheriff in Mayberry. More people should try to be just like him and it would be a nicer world.

Cheryl said...

I was so sad to learn about the death of Andy Griffith. My dad and I used to watch his show all the time. Congrats to your Abby, and enjoy what I hope is the beginning of your dream job becoming a reality!

Rebecca said...

I think that's true about the Amish beards.

So many of us seem to long for the days of Mayberry again... I don't understand why we just don't make it happen? Maybe everyone turn off their TVs and connect with neighbors again? Not sure. I didn't live in those days. I grew up in the 80s when society was falling to pieces! Oh well, I wait for the city that has foundations. :)

Hurray for Abby! I am VERY impressed with her and she has given me renewed faith and confidence in dogs. I never was much for dogs but I adore Abby. You got yourself a beautiful gift there. :)

Have a great weekend.

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations to Abby! We always knew she was a very smart girl! Have fun with the cat and bird sitting too!

Daisy said...

Have fun cat sitting! I hope Manny and Spunky Doodle do not get jealous.

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Maybe one day you can start a pet daycare or camp. We have tons of them here in California.

Very interesting info on Andy Griffith, I remember watching re-runs when I was young, like the Andy Griffith show and Matlock when I was home sick.

Mrs4444 said...

Andy Griffith was a fatherly figure to many; that's what I loved about him.

I've been seeing people write about the Google search thing for years but have never seen my results. How do you do that?

I could not think of a better pet sitter than you, Karen. :)

Thanks for linking up. I hope you're having a great week.

Post a Comment