Monday, July 30, 2012

AWW Mondays: Black Bear and More

I'm watching you . . . see my long sharp claws?

This black bear was resting when I saw him at the Cleveland Zoo last Thursday when we went to the special Breakfast With the Animals zookeeper event. I thought he was verycute. On our arrival, we had a breakfast of yogurt, a muffin, fruit and water and got to pet the possum and armadillo that one of the volunteers brought over. I took a picture of the possum but thought I already had a picture of an armadillo but later found out I didn't. The armadillo's shell was flexible and had hairs sticky out of it. It was a hairy armadillo and very cute. It felt like petting bumpy rock.

I grow thick fur when it's cold.

I look kind of like a donkey.

There was a new animal that we hadn't seen before up in the Northern Trek called a Persian Onager that was very nice. It was all the way on the other side of the exhibit but came over for me to get a good picture of it.


Be sure to stop by to see the pet Blogville Olympic games today
Cross Neighborhood Walkabout ~ http://cutecorbin.blogspot.com/
Competitive Napping ~ http://hufflemawson.blogspot.com/
If the Olympic pictures aren't up yet, check back later.

Find more cute AWW Monday pics and some more at Jodi's Journey.
(We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.)

Share this:

8 comments:

Karen said...

I had no idea that bears had claws that long! Yikes!

Sandee said...

Awww...we both did different things this week. I was thinking the same thing about those bears claws too. Those things are huge.

Have a terrific Awww...Monday. :)

Lucky Lady said...

aww, I bet you had lots of fun I love going to the zoo but have not been in years, have a nice week

Rebecca said...

I mostly view wildlife in the wild, in my backyard, in my house (!!), or in the Adirondacks which is not far from my home. I do not admire wildlife nearly as much as those who view the critters from a zoo cage. I find them pesky, dangerous, and very irritating!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for comning by and for your kind words. We are glad you like our snoozing pictures. It's something we do...err...flawlessly..TEE HEE HEE :O)

We are glad we met... you have a lovely blog going. Hope to get to know you better.
Have a great week ahead.
Wags, Ginger, Buddy, Shadow n Mummy too

Unknown said...

Loving Awww Monday. Must get Mummy to help us pawticipate..

Gin, Bud n shadow

Breath Of Fresh Air said...

Wonderful pic! He certainly looks relaxed. Wonder if he's contemplating the people who are looking at him.

BeadedTail said...

That bear is very cute! We haven't seen a Persian Onager before either.

Post a Comment