Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My First Cat Sitting Job

Sasha, my snoopervisor liked drinking from the sink

Today I got to visit two nice cats of a friend of mine.  Sasha greeted me as soon as I came in and followed me everywhere I went, except outside. 

Pumpkin stayed in hiding for about the first 1/2 hour I was there, but then came out for breakfast and paced by the back door, meowing to be let outside.  The cats usually do get to go out but not while their owners are gone.  Sorry, cats.

They are both handsome and friendly.  I spent some time petting them both.  There is an outside feral cat named Peaches too, but that one wasn't around when I was there.  I left some food and water for it outside though.

Pumpkin begging to go outside
There are also two birds who were chirping while I was there named Romeo and Juliet.  I cleaned their cage and gave them fresh water and some food too.  I am surprised the two big cats don't bother the birds, but they don't seem to pay any attention to them.
Juliet
Romeo










Watering the plants was where I ran into a slight problem.  It took me about 15 minutes go do the outside ones but when I poured half the watering can into the big plant in the front window, it was dripping onto the floor and made a big puddle.  I wiped some up with paper towels but didn't want to use them all up for that so looked for the linen closet to get a towel but couldn't find it.  I figure it was on a linoleum floor anyway and would dry eventually.  Fortunately that one only gets watered once a week.

I look forward to getting to know all these nice pets better.  I think I'll take my book along, "One Moment" and read to them some.  I'm sure they miss their mom and dad.

(We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.)

Share this:

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Sasha is a cutie! Pumpkin looks like Hobbes! I bet they enjoyed you visiting them while their mom and dad are gone!

Lin said...

He DOES look like Hobbes!! And Hobbes acts out when he can't go outside too!

My mom comes over to sit with the kitties when we go on vacation. She just sits and watches TV for awhile and pets them--they really like the company. You might want to do that with them if you have the time.

Rebecca said...

What a fun job! I wish we had a cat/dog/bird sitter. Thank God, we have a pal who checks in on the pets but when we are away, the critters are on their own most of the time. It's tough on Livvy because she is part of the family and needs interaction.

Sparkle said...

Since you are already a good kitty servant at home, I am sure you are doing a wonderful job with the cats you are sitting!

Post a Comment