Friday, July 20, 2012

5 Things We Learned This Week (animals, sleep, repairs, NFL)


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:
Napping Together
  1. Turkeys

    Turkeys can swim--just ask Mountain Woman.
  2. Cat Olympics (and doggies too)

    We were too late to enter the Synchronized Snoozing and Competitive Napping events. There were lots off good entries.  This is the picture we would have entered of Spunky Doodle and Manny Boy napping in our computer chair.
  3. Sleep

    At twitter@OMGFacts I found out that if it takes less that 5 minutes to fall asleep it is likely linked to sleep deprivation. A healthy sleeper takes about 15 minutes. I am so glad I am a healthy sleeper again!
  4. Repairs

    One of our inside doorknobs keeps falling off so I called Mr. Handyman (found in the Yellow Pages) who gave me a quote for $138! I thought this was outrageous, which my Facebook friends confirmed, and told him to forget it. Too bad Mountain Man doesn't live close by--he said he'd replace the whole door plus for that.

  5. Football--Browns and Patriots

    Pete Prisco, a NFL columnist, predicts the Browns will go 1-15 this year and the Patriots, 16-0. Guess I'll be wearing my Patriots shirt more this season than my Browns stuff unless they prove him wrong.

(We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.)

Share this:

11 comments:

Daisy said...

Wow, my Mommeh falls asleep in less than a minute! And, she sometimes falls asleep as soon as she sits down to watch TV. Get to bed, Mommeh!

Mary said...

That is an outrageous price for putting on a door handle! Surely it's not that difficult to do...did you look on youtube?

Ann in the UP said...

It sounds like a dreary prospect for a Browns fan, doesn't it? I hope they are wrong about both the Pats and the Browns.

My Tigers may be awakening. They're catching up to the White Sox.

Wayne W Smith said...

I would so watch synchronized snoozing...at least before I watch equestrian (especially dressage).

Mike Golch said...

Repairs can be an arm and a leg,if you cannot do the stuff yourself,well maybe that falls into the catagory of priceless.

Bill Lisleman said...

Turkey Swimming - great blog name.
Yes that is way too much for an inside door knob. NO key lock type? Just a simple door knob that probably needs new screws. We had a complete new back door hung and it was about the same price as your quote.

Lovable Lily said...

My Mommy has classic insomnia... So that makes me wonder why we is hosting the Couch Potato Peeling Event on the 31st! It's gonna be a fun time tho.

Those sure are some interesting facts!

Hugs,
Lily Belle

BeadedTail said...

I fall asleep very fast but yet I've been averaging 4 hours of sleep a night so am tired all the time. That's a cute photo of the synchronized snoozing!

Mrs4444 said...

Mr.4444 says I always fall asleep in "2 minutes." I thought it was due to a clear conscience. Hm.

Sorry about your Browns! Maybe they'll at least make it interesting.

I'm sure you could figure out the doorknob issue via Google. I'd like to know how that goes.

Thanks for linking up! :)

MarytheKay said...

A turkey swimming? I would LOVE to see that! Made me giggle...

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I never knew that turkeys could swim either!

OMG I am hoping that is NOT true about the Browns!

Post a Comment