Friday, November 11, 2011

5 Things We Learned This Week 45 of 2011 (cats; blogging; Paterno; Pregnancy)

Brushing Cat's Teeth

To protect your cat's health and save a lot of money and worry, it's a good idea to brush your cat's teeth every day. Easier said than done, but here is a link to a video that gives a strategy for getting started: Brushing Your Cat's Teeth. I think it's definitely worth a try.

Popular Posts

I noticed that although the comments on my posts may be low, sometimes lots of people looked at it. It's easy to see now with the new view of the Blogger post list. Sometimes I feel a bit discouraged when I don't see many comments, but when I saw this I realized that people are reading my blog, just not commenting which is okay. My popular post widget though is based on comments. I am wondering it it should be based on page views instead; what do you think?

Parker hopes you will adopt one too!

Parker Adopted!

Parker, the black cat I featured on Rescue Me In Memory of Grampa J to participated in Mayzie's Remembrance of their Grampa J was adopted from Kitten Krazy so I put up another black cat!


Joe Paterno

After so many years of coaching Penn State and being the winningest college coach ever, Joe Paterno got fired! What a sad end to his legacy. At least now Tressel and Ohio State are not the top news in college football anymore.


The Cleveland Pregnancy Center

The Cleveland Pregnancy Center offers many kinds of assistance to the pregnant, parents, and post-abortive individuals and families including spiritual counseling. They offer free and confidential pregnancy testing, free ultrasounds, material assistance, courses on infant development, childbirth and Bible Studies that focus on applying God's truths in His Word to every day living. They also provide a father's outreach program, including individual and group male mentoring. I plan to do a whole post about this.  They have a 24-hour help line 7 days a week:  1-800-395-4357.

For more fragments or to link up your own, visit Half-Past Kissin' time.

Share this:

11 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Hooray for Parker! And all the other Critters who got adopted this week during Shelter Celebrations!

I feel sad for Joe Pa, but he's right. He could have done more.

Happy Veterans' Day!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

My commenting times wax and wane. Some days I can, others I can't. But I always read.

I can't imagine trying to brush Livvy's teeth. I can't imagine she'd let me, ever. lol

People need to start taking child sex abuse very seriously. I don't care who loses their job, as long as the charges are not false. In my area, sex abuse is rampant, and criminals are let off constantly. In my area, another lady was killed last week because some judges allowed a violent rapist free, even after the creep was an obvious threat and showed no signs of stopping. I'm angry that our justice system pooh-poohs such crimes, but if you supposedly cheat on taxes or rob a bank, you're in the slammer for life. Something's wrong. Where's the justice?

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad to hear about Parker, that is wonderful news Karen.

God bless,
Jodi

qandlequeen said...

The pregnancy center sounds like a great agency!

Lin said...

I usually comment, but sometimes I just read. I've been too busy to do either this week, so I guess I have to catch up this weekend.

Paterno--well, I think he got what he deserved for ignoring the situation. May this be a lesson to all who ignore the plights of children--including bullying. Far too many teachers, administrators, principals and ADULTS ignoring things.

I'm lucky I have time to brush my OWN teeth--the cats??? No way.

Anonymous said...

Down with paterno

Barbara said...

when we were looking for a kitty to adopt we talked about adopting a black one because they are the hardest to find homes for.
In the end we adopted a calico.

Claudya Martinez said...

I always find the blog statistics fascinating. Very often the posts with the most comments aren't the most viewed. It's also encouraging to know that people are reading even when you think they aren't.

Mary said...

Wow, y'all got a whole lot of stuff into that box!
It's too bad that Joe Pa went out the way he did after all those years, but I don't think he's really coached for years. That's a horrible thing that happened.

Mrs4444 said...

You're so compassionate, Karen; I love that about you.

I say give the props to the commenters :)

Good luck with the tooth brushing! lol

Karen and Gerard said...

Ann & Jodi: I was thrilled to hear Parker was adopted! There are still many more though.

Rebecca: Sometimes my cats surprise me so it's worth a try. Abby though I think is way to stubborn. I can't even lift her lips to see her teeth without a toothbrush in my hand! I think the gradual process with my cats may work though, especially if I follow it up with treats.

Rebecca and Lin: Wow, that's awful how prevalent child sex abuse is! Paterno did report it though to higher ups.

Lin: Thanks for being a regular visitor to my blog. I know I sometimes just read yours too without commenting. I don't know if I'll be able to brush my cats' teeth every day, but figure even 3 times a week would be better than never at all, right?

Barbara: Calico's need good homes too, but that is why there are more black ones in shelters--they just aren't as attractive. They do have wonderful personalities though and my dad took care of 4 or 5 black cats.

Unknown Mami: I do like the easy accessability of seeing my blog stats now with Blogger. I find it interesting too that some posts received over 200 views, but then others maybe only 6.

Mary: Joe Pa coached for 48 years I think it was there, something like that.

Mrs 4444: I wasn't always compassionate but it seems God has developed that trait in me over the years. What kind of props should I give to the commenters?

Thanks for being one of my regular readers and commenters!

Queen: I was very impressed when I learned more about the pregnancy center and have decided that will be our charity for December.

Post a Comment