Thursday, November 3, 2011

12 Things I’ve Done That You Probably Haven’t (writers workshop)

This week I modified Mama Kat's Writers Workshop prompt a bit.  It was to list 22 things we have done but as you can see, I’ve changed it to just 12 things I’ve done that I doubt you have ever done.
I'm in the back--King's Island
  1. I Rode an elephant (at King's Island).  (A Long Drive Out of My Comfort Zone)

  2. I Rode a camel (at the Cleveland zoo).

  3. I’ve taught grades 3-12 in Sunday School over the years and did some camp counseling at two different camp grounds (AWANA Scholarship camp and Beulah Beach) during some of my vacations..

  4. Our AWANA Grand Prix race with track that my dad built.
  5. I’ve held all of the following positions in AWANA clubs:  Commander, Director, Secretary and Leader and earned the Citation Award for completing all the books.  (Harry's Most Fun Project--The AWANA Grand Prix)

  6. I wrote and self-published two books:  My Funny Dad, Harry and Abby Finds a Good Home.

  7. I participated in a small group Bible study that met at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday mornings for four years (yes, I'm a morning person).

  8. During my teens, I was on a Bible Quiz team and as an adult I coached several teams.  We quizzed against other Christian and Missionary Alliance churches.

  9. I took a Creative Movement class at Malone College and learned to square dance.  It was fun!


  10. I wore a baseball cap and tennis shoes with my wedding dress (not at the wedding though).

  11. I got rid of our stove and now do not have one in our kitchen, just a microwave.  (Living With No Stove--A Good Decision)

  12. Reading at the zoo
  13. I’ve read 85 books so far this year and over 586 in my lifetime.  (Who keeps track of how many books they read?  Avid book loves on Shelfari, that's who.  It's a great website for book lovers!)

  14. I put my pizza in the cupboard instead of the refrigerator . . . not once, but twice! (Foolish Things:  Where Does the Pizza Go?)
So, am I right or have you done some of these too?  What have you done that I probably haven’t?

Share this:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you went to Malone! Look what I learned about you!!! It was my second choice when I was picking colleges. Ended up at Ohio Northern University but one of my best friends from high school went to Malone and got her teaching certificate there. Gonna have to give this prompt a try one day......I have a lot of things that folks don't know!!! :-) And good job on the comments!!!! Go ST Jude's!

Sandee said...

Nope, I've not done one of these things.

Have a terrific day. :)

Lucky Lady said...

How do you cook with out a stove and no I have never done the 12 things you have but I am sure I have done a few that you haven't LOL I honestley believe that the two of you are amazing people

Daisy said...

My Mommeh hasn't done any of those things. But she does know how to ride a unicycle!

BeadedTail said...

Nope, I haven't done any of those things!

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

The closest I ever got to your Bible study on a Saturday was the literature class I took for 8 weeks in the summer, Saturday mornings early. I hated blowing my Sat. morning like that, but I wanted to stay on schedule to graduate that winter. I always stopped at a specialty coffee shop on my way to get a chocolate mocha with whipped cream on the top. It was my treat to myself for doing such a painful thing on a weekend.

p.s. Love the baseball cap in your wedding picture! You two look so happy and adorable!

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

p.s. to Daisy, we'd love to see video of that!

Molly W. (@mommylovespark) said...

I have ridden a camel and an elephant but that's it on your list. One thing I bet I've done that you haven't is got married barefoot. I got married in Mexico on the beach and no one wore shoes.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my post: a day in the life of Zoe.

Nicki said...

I love your list and I too have rode a camel! It was a "bit" uncomfortable! I will never get rid of my stove tho! =)

Tiffany said...

The fact that you've published your own books just put you at the top of my "must keep reading" blogger list! That's amazing! :)

Post a Comment