Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Good Cat, Manny Boy and Rescue Me Week





This being Shelter Appreciation week, I want to encourage you to get a cat (or two or even a dog), especially if you don't have any yet. We love our pets very much and are so happy we brought in each one--we've had three--each one different but all loveable and wonderful companions! This video stars Manny (although Spunky Doodle and me are in it some too). When Manny saw me do one of Spunky Doodle, he wanted one about him too. I can't blame him, he's such a good cat!


Over at Mayzie's Dog blog, to honor their Grampa J who loved pets, they are encouraging everyone to post a pet who needs a home on your blog and next week they will draw five participants and donate $100 to an animal rescue of their choice!

All these are at the Parma Animal Shelter on State Rd. in Parma, Ohio where we got our first cat, Moe, from:

Looks like a little Manny!

LEXI Domestic Short Haired Black/Grey Tabby Male Cat Arrived at the Shelter: 08-17-11 Date of Birth: 06-15-11



Meet Trigger!  He is a male Min-Pin/Beagle Mix who weighs 32 lbs.  His owner had to move away and could not take him.  He is 3 years old, and was born in August 2008.  Trigger is one happy boy!  He is neutered, and up to date on shots.  Trigger loves everyone and is a friendly dog.  He is good with other dogs, cats, and loves people.  He would make a great family pet! He would love a fenced in yard to run around and expend his playful energy.



A Spunky Doodle Look-alike!

GINNY Weasley-- Domestic Short Haired Black and White Female Cat Arrived at the Shelter: 07-15-11 Date of Birth: 05-27-11 Siblings: Ron Weasley





Here's the link to Mayzie's if you want to participate too: Big Announcement

Visit Petfinder.com to find a homeless pet in your area that you could provide a good home for--that's how we found Abby!

Share this:

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm highly allergic to cats so no cats for me. Too bad too as I had them for years...well until I developed the allergy.

Our Little Bit is our last pet. We plan on traveling when she crosses the bridge. I'm not looking forward to that day at all.

Great video. Have a terrific day. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, hi, hi! Thank you so much for pawticipating in Rescue Me Week! What Most Wonderful adoptables you picked out. My paws are crossed that they ALL finds their Most Perfect Homes That Ever Were real, real soon.

Oh, and Manny IS a very, very good kitteh!

Wiggles & WAgs,
mayzie

Daisy said...

Manny, you are such a good boy! I did not know you don't enjoy being picked up.

Ann in the UP said...

I think I'm in love! That Trigger is sure a beautiful dog!

What a good idea for shelter week---both your video and Mayziegal's giveaway. Our shelter posts a whole page of adoptables almost every week in the newspaper. It's my favorite feature story.

Sweetie, Tony, and Bella are all happy that people rescue cats!

Happy Shelter Week!

Unknown said...

I can only visit these animal shelters digitally as I would be coming home with puppies and kittens every time. We already have a dog, a cat and a fish. Then there are the 2 legged pets here too....
Rosemary

MarytheKay said...

What sweet kitties! Boy, that Manny does NOT want to be picked up! Funny. Pets sure are wonderful things!

Post a Comment