Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Snippets: Why Praise God?


Praising God somehow brings about an inner satisfaction.  Praise gets our focus on God and off ourselves which can greatly improve our mood. 
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. Psalm 63:5 (New American Standard Bible "NASB")
You can always praise God for His love because nothing can separate us from it.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:38-39 (NASB)
You can always praise God for his help. 
For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.  Psalm 63:7 (NASB) and
so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID,  WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?" Hebrews 13:6 (NASB)
You can choose to always praise God like David did:   
I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands. Psalm 63:4 (King James Version)

Be sure to come back tomorrow to see a good illustration of how this really works in my life.  

 

Source:  10/23/11 Sermon Notes, message by Pastor Dan Barfell.


Share this:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm here praising with you.
Rosemary

Ann in the UP said...

Who is more worthy of praise?! Good post!

Post a Comment