Sunday, November 27, 2011

Another Disappointment For Browns Fans

Abby asks:  Why do you watch football when it makes you so upset?
I thought for sure the Browns would win over St. Louis two weeks ago, but they lost.  Here is what I yelled:   “HOLD EM!  DON’T LET THEM SCORE!  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT—THEY ARE SO BAD!  HOW PATHETIC!  UNBELIEVABLE! (Which I said when the snap rolled along the ground and we missed a field goal)  PUT IT IN THE END ZONE!  THROW THE BALL!  NOOOOOO!  STOP THEM!  GO FOR A TOUCHDOWN!  GOOOOO!”   It was like they didn't even want a Touchdown.  They kept going for field goals and had lots of penalties.

Then, last week they actually won to my surprise.  They played pretty decent against Jacksonville but just barely hung on at the end, but they did.  I was in shock!


The first time they played Cincinnati this year, they lost because they weren't even ready for the play.  They looked really foolish but today they actually played well.  They even scored a touchdown in the first quarter on a 24-yd. pass which was a first for this season!  We got an interception and actually scored a touchdown on it.  Too bad we gave one up and the Bengals did the same thing, but the Browns were actually leading the whole game until the Bengals tied it up in the 4th quarter with a field goal.  Once again, we were battling for the win in the last few minutes of the game and had a chance to pull ahead with a field goal.  Again, it was like the St. Louis game with the snap rolling along the ground!  The field goal attempt was close but no good.  The Browns kept the Bengals from scoring a touchdown but gave up the field goal and lost 23-20.

It was a heartbreaking loss just when we had a chance to start climbing back up. I took Abby for a short walk and came across some peperoni on a tree lawn which she was determined to get.  The only way I got her moving was to pick it up and lead her along with it.  I forgot to bring her treats along.  By the time we got home, I was calmed down.  I wasn't too upset because the Browns did play well today.  They didn't have many penalties at all and did score 20 points which was fun to see.  I'm sure it's even more frustrating for the players to lose games like this that they played so hard to win.

Related post:  We're Thankful The Browns Won A Game

Share this:

4 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I was thinking of you two when I saw the Bengals-Browns score. Here we got to see the Jets play Buffalo. We get the Jets games so often you'd think they were right around the corner from us!

Mike Golch said...

I am beginning to think that a highschool team could have beaten the browns the way they played. I really do think that the games are fixed.you win this week you loose this week,and You don't even try to play.
it is all a joke any more.

Donna said...

Hi Karen! Thanks so Much for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm now following You, as well!
Have a Super great day!
hughugs

Karen and Gerard said...

Ann: Thanks for thinking of me!

Mike: I think the games are fixed too.

Donna: Thanks for following us!

Post a Comment