Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Wonderful Husband Comes Through

I know it's in here.
Today is the anniversary of the day we met!  Gerard and I met at Pizza Hut 15 years ago from today and he's still willing to do anything for me including hunting through the garbage!  Saturday, when I bought some more of the Joint Mobility food for $17 at the vet for our dog, Abby, they gave me a manufacturers rebate coupon.  The catch was that after you cut three of the proof of purchase circles from the bags and included the receipts, they would send me a check for the price of a bag.  I just finished the bag that week and had already thrown in away.  The vet was very nice and gave me the previous receipt as well so that if I could find the bag, I could use it as bag 1.

Found it!
When I got home, I went into the garage to hunt down that bag.  In the can over the rest of the garbage was a big pile of stuff Gerard had just pulled out of our yard.  I did notice another bag tied up but didn't even look in it.  My wonderful husband, the "Super Duper Honey Bear" offered to get it out when I told him about the rebate deal.  He said he knew where it was and apparently didn't mind digging through it even though the cat poop was mixed in there.  I really didn't hold out much hope but thought it was very sweet of him to make the effort.

About 15 minutes later, he came back with the circle I needed!  Isn't he wonderful?  Has your husband done anything sweet or wonderful for you lately?  I am so glad we found each other through Great Expectations!  It certainly was worth the money!

Related posts You may find interesting:
How Gerard and I Found Each Other Through Great Expectations
Our Anniversary of the Day We Met (11/16/08)

Share this:

8 comments:

Karen said...

That is so nice. My husband is like that. We are so lucky!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Wow. LOL.

Ann in the UP said...

Bless Gerard's heart!! My husband, Good Guy, does a great many disagreeable chores for me and I am always thankful for him. He is a great blessing to me.

I think you and Gerard are both blessed in your marriage.

Sandee said...

That was very nice of him indeed.

My husband does nice stuff for me every single day. I'm very lucky too.

Have a terrific day. :)

BeadedTail said...

That was very nice of Gerard to find that bag for you! My husband does nice things for me every day but one really nice thing he did was help me at the craft show all weekend when he could have been watching football! I know he loves me after that! :)

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I value those little signs of love and affection. Happy meeting anniversary. My husband and I met 2 years ago a month ago. It's nice to remember those moments.

Lin said...

It's those sorts of things that make you love him all over again and again.

It's so sweet that you found the perfect guy for you, Karen! You certainly deserve each other for all the good things you do too.

Yeah, Joe would dig through cat poop garbage to find things for me too.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Gerard is a sweetheart! Digging through poop-filled garbage. It doesn't get any better than that!

Last night, Dave scooped out a giant helping of ice cream for me because my scooping elbow and shoulder still kinda hurt (tho PT is helping). I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's those little gestures of kindness that I really value.

Post a Comment