Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time To Play



When getting dressed on a Sunday morning, here came my cat, Spunky Doodle. She likes to play early mornings and late nights best so I pulled out the shoestring and dangled it for her. She likes to follow it, grab at it and pounce on it. In the video you can see how she also likes hiding under the bed and grabbing for it as I pull it along. It's interesting how she knows where it is even though the bedspread reaches the floor. When playing with strings or shoelaces though, you have to be careful.

When Spunky was a kitten, I was playing with a string with her like this which she grabbed. I kept pulling on it thinking she had a very good hold of it when actually it somehow got wrapped around her little neck. I felt really bad once I realized that and of course apologized profusely. She forgave me and seemed to be okay but whew. That was scary!


Stop at Bozo's Pet Pride for more pet posts.

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Spunky Doodle, you are a good string-player! I like how Manny tried to hold onto the string.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Livvy is a fiend when it comes to strings. She goes after them with vigor every time. Gotta love cats, they are so much fun!

Ann in the UP said...

Spunky Doodle is a very entertaining little cat. My cats stick their paws under the bathroom door---they can't stand closed doors. I have a question about the collage-making, but I'll e-mail it.

Sparkle said...

Binga is the string player here. I am more of a watcher, a stalker and a chaser. Boodie finds any random toy and carries it in her mouth and talks.

Sylvia K said...

Looks like fun to me!

Sam Schnauzer

Kay L. Davies said...

I loved seeing Spunky Doodle's feet come out from under the bed, and I think Manny was interested in that part, too. What fun.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Post a Comment