Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Abby!


Today is Abby Dabby Doo's birthday! She is seven but we have only had her two years and what a wonderful dog she is! We both love her so much. She is very friendly and loves to meet people, chase squirrels but if we tell her to not to, she'll listen to us and just keep going along. She is so good about staying downstairs and leaving the upstairs area just for the cats. She does chase after them and they feel comfortable around her. She gets along well with most other dogs and rarely barks--only at certain ones. I think she wants to meet them close up actually. She does great at following a schedule and looks forward to her walks. She is a very good fitness trainer--some days she just takes off and would probably walk for hours if we had the time. We only give her bones for special occasions such as this!

I remember what a big decision it was for us when we decided to get a dog.  I had so many concerns but knew Gerard really wanted a dog and I liked dogs too so we took the plunge.  We found Abby on Petfinder and have no regrets at all.  We are so happy to have her in our little family!  Dogs adjust to schedules quite well.  If you are considering a dog, we suggest you visit your local shelter or take a look on Petfinder.


Abby says:  Karen read to me yesterday and Gerard taped it for their book blog. I hope you will go see it. I was very attentive but lost interest toward the end. It was called Please Take Me For A Walk by Susan Gal.

How do you celebrate birthdays of your pets?

Related Posts you might enjoy:
Disappointment Turned To Joy (the story of when we decided to get Abby)
Abby Demonstrates How To Use A Kong (I didn't know what a Kong was until we got a dog!)
Abby Loves The Park--Especially With Snow
Why Abby Is So Excited
Aha, Abby Gave In--I Win After All
I Was A Hit At The School

12 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

Happy Birthday Abby. She found great parents!!! Adopting a dog is a wonderful thing to do and they make the best friends. Glad you all have each other.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

This is so funny and, almost, exactly what Dave calls our Abigail...he says "Abba Dabba Do" -grin-. We've always had dogs since moving to the farm; they add so much JOY to our lives!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

How wonderful that you found such a good dog. :)

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Abby,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

BeadedTail said...

Happy Birthday Abby! We wish you many more happy days ahead!

Ann in the UP said...

Happy Birthday, Abby. You may not know how lucky you were to get Gerard and Karen----but you are one lucky dog. I think people who live with animals are very blessed to get so much love. It's hard at the end, but so worth it.

Thanks for the header help. I directed Kathy to your video because she'd like to make a collage header, too.

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! I usually get extra treats on my birthday!

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, Abby!! I think the best present you ever got was a home with Karen and Gerard. :) I think you make a very sweet family!!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Happy day Abby! I know you have a wonderful home.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!!! May you have many, many more!!!

We always get a special present for our cat and dog on their birthday!

Abby said...

Mountain Woman: Woof! Woof! Thanks for commenting!

Thistle Cove Farm: That is funny. Thanks for taking time to comment.

Rebecca: Yes, it certainly is!

Sandy: Ha, ha, thanks for the song! Woof! Woof!

Beaded Tail: Thanks, I'm sure I will. Woof! Woof!

Ann in the Up: Thanks for wishing Abby a happy birthday. Glad the collage header worked and thanks for sharing my post with others! I added how to save it to your computer in the post because I'm sure you are not the only one that won't know how to do that.

Daisy: That's nice.

Lin: I love my home here, thanks for commenting! Woof! Woof!

Sharkbytes: Yes, I really do. Thanks for coming by! Woof! Woof!

Cat Chat: Thanks, I hope I have many, many more too! I am glad you get your pets something special for their birthdays too! Woof! Woof!

Tracie Nall said...

We don't have any pets right now, although my daughter has been hinting at a dog - and by hinting, I mean she asks everyday at least five time, and draws pictures showing how life with a dog makes people happy and life without a dog makes people sad.....so I see a dog in our future!

Happy late Birthday to Abby!

Post a Comment