Friday, June 10, 2011

5 Things We Learned This Week 23 of 2011


Google +1

Found a good explanation about what Google +1 is over at Planet Weidknecht: "That +1 Button." It's basically Google's version of the Facebook "like" button.

Blog Readers


I was surprised to find out Saturday when my cousin cut my hair that she reads our blog. She never comments but does read it. I wonder how many other lurkers we have. See "Time To Get Scalped--Summer Weather Has Arrived In Cleveland!"

blogroll issue

I finally discovered how to fix my blogroll. It wasn't showing the "show all" button at the bottom cut off everything past it. I noticed it quit at the same blog every day so deleted that blog from the roll and now it works right again. Sorry, Parchment Girl, don't know why, but it seems to be your blog URL that was causing the problem.

Please Vote For Canine Lifeline

Abby's First Car Ride With Me

Over at Dogtipper.com there is a $1,000 giveaway to a shelter/rescue that gets the most votes. No personal information requested and you can vote often. Canine Lifeline is the rescue that saved Abby Dabby Doo for us and where I found out about this.

Versatile Blogger Award

We got this award from Redhead Writer of Life--A Memoir Of Existence this week. We appreciate it and added it to our "Awards" page. We are supposed to list 7 things about us which you can find if you click the "About Us" tab at the top. Also, we are supposed to pass it along to 15 other Versatile bloggers but this is just too time-consuming. If you are versatile and on our blogroll, this award goes to you!  You may be surprised to see your blog listed. Feel free to grab it.

Visit Half-Past Kissin' Time for more Friday Fragments or link up yours.

10 comments:

mimbles said...

I often find myself beginning to tell someone about what we did on the weekend or the funny thing the kids did or some such thing and they butt in saying "Yes, I know!" because they've already read all about it. Guess that's what happens when you keep telling people that you have a blog! :-)

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I decided to do Friday Fragments, too! It was fun. :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I've had issues with my blogroll, too, sometimes. It will sometimes say I'm not following any blogs at all. However, when it does that, it always rights itself when I a)refresh the page or b) log out and then log back in :) :)

Have a lovely weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Lurkers are fine, but folks who comment are a gift!

Keetha Broyles said...

Isn't it crazy that someone would regularly read a blog and never comment?

I get that too and it always blows my mind.

One day I was in line at a buffet and the gal in front of me, whom I did NOT know, began talking to me like she knew me. I guess she recognized the puzzled look on my face 'cause she said, "I read your blog."

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

thanks for explaining the #1 Button, I have been wondering what in the heck that is!

Lucy said...

I rather have lurkers than no readers LOL, sometimes I just enjoy what I have read and I just don't have a meaningful comment to leave. I try to be interactive with my comments.

I understand the haircut, I am in need of one too!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog!
Lucy
Lucy's Reality

Ann in the UP said...

I found myself looking at people while I was traveling----wondering if I've read their blogs. It's kind of weird. I don't comment when I visit big famous blogs as a rule. I don't figure I have anything to add that hasn't been said better by someone else. I enjoy "real people" blogs though with folks I can relate to.

Karen and Gerard said...

Mimbles: That's neat so many read your blog. Not too many people I know personally bother reading this, although, maybe more do than I think and just don't comment.

Rebecca: Welcome to Friday Fragments!

Heather: I sometimes get that message in my Google reader but eventually it shows them.

Ellen Stewart: I agree. Lurkers are definitely welcome here!

Keetha: That's funny she knew you from your blog but didn't comment. I never had that happen to me.

Cat Chat: I think it's a nuisance to actually use it though. I tried a couple times and had to register or something--forget it. Commenting takes up enough time as it is.

Lucy: Lurkers are fine and welcome! I don't always comment on blogs either. Like you say, sometimes I just enjoy reading them and don't always have a meaningful comment.

Ann in the UP: Glad you like our blog--we are certainly real people here with pets. I don't generally comment on popular people blogs either although I did on Jeff Probst (Host of TV show "Survivor"). I asked if they would ever be doing a show in Alaska--that would be different!

Lin said...

Isn't it crazy when you meet people who read your blog?? It's sort of creepy though too. I have a few band parents who surprised me by telling me that they read my blog. Then there's my mom--she totally creeps on my blog--which I don't always like. Wish they left comments to tell me they are there. I have a tracker--but it doesn't tell me who is reading by name.

Post a Comment