Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Meet Your Best Friend Day"




Today we went to "Meet Your Best Friend" day at the zoo and saw so many wonderful dogs and cats that were available for adoption. Many were adopted today! I was glad we weren't there looking for a pet because there were so many that I was attracted to! My heart broke though when I read the sign at the Parma Animal Shelter display that said four of their cats have been there over a year now waiting to be adopted. This is a shelter that keeps the cats in little cages! I just felt so bad and remembered back to when I saw our first cat, Moe, in a cage week after week when I visited. I imagine that shelter workers have lots of pets at home too. I know if I worked at a shelter, I would be very tempted to bring more and more home with me.

If you don't have a cat or a dog but are considering getting one, please check out a shelter near you or look on petfinder (that's how we found Abby, our dog). Pets really enrich your life and their companionship and antics far outweigh hassles and expense of owning a pet. At least, I think so.

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I hope those kitties find loving furever homes! I wish I could adopt all homeless pets. It's wonderful the shelter does events like this to help too!

Daisy said...

They all look wonderful. I even saw some cow-kitties like Harley! I hope they all get their Forever homes soon.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, those animals are so sweet. If I'd been there, I would have taken the kitties home... :) :) we have some wonderful animal shelters in our area too. One of them always features a pet for adoption on our local news.. very sweet :) :) Teh photo montage was great :) :) Greetings from Oregon, Heather :)

Joovy Zoom 360 said...

Their so adorable

Post a Comment