Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Gotcha Day by Manny (and Karen)

He likes me petting him now!

I am six years old now and have lived here for 3 years! Spunky welcomed me and showed me all around when I first moved in. Now I am a very happy cat. I love watching TV while lying on Karen and lying in the chair by the computer so she can pet me while she works on it. I help keep her calm that way. Spunky and I have fun too, especially when we play chase. I get along quite well with our woofie too. She doesn’t bother me at all anymore. I’m sure I’ll get some extra Greenies today for my Gotcha Day—I should get six, one for each year don’t you think?

 Here are a couple posts from my first weeks here so you can see how different I am now than how I used to be: Bringing In A New Cat and Week Two:  Manny Progrss
--Manny (Formerly Foo Fee--Yes, I used to have a Poodle name in my former life.)

Manny has become Mr. Nice Nice just like I predicted. When we first brought him into our home, he was very scared and of course upset. Gerard actually thought it was a lost cause! Now Manny and I are buddies. I am so glad we got him! Spunky Doodle was used to having Moe around and was lonely when Moe died. I think she missed having another cat around during the day so five months later, my friend was looking for someone to take her cat because she was allergic and couldn’t take her medicine since she was pregnant. It has worked out very well! We love you, Manny!

--Karen
Our friend, Bozo, has a Pet Pride link up going for all the pet posts to link up.  Visit Pets Forever to find more pet posts.

11 comments:

magiceye said...

heya manny nothing like the love and petting from our humans huh?


Woof woof
from Bozo
Pets forever

Marg said...

Happy Gotcha day to you Manny. Sure looks like you are very happy in that terrific home. Aren't you glad you found those hooomans. Hope you have a great day and many more.

Daisy said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Manny! I think you deserve at least 6 Greenies for your special day!

Sylvia K said...

I know you must love all the pats and hugs just like I do! You are looking good!

Sam Schnauzer

Sparkle said...

Happy gotcha day, Manny! I think you should get extra Greenies every day!

BeadedTail said...

Happy Gotcha Day Manny! We're so glad you have such a fun and loving home! We hope you get 6 Greenies every day!

Lin said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Manny!! I'm not sure who is luckier--you or your Mommeh and Daddeh!! :) I'm glad you found each other.

Barbara said...

Happy Gotcha Day Manny, you sure landed on your feet when you got your new home. xx

Gattina said...

Happy Gottcha day ! that's always a nice day to celebrate especially if you have found such a nice home !
Do you know Cats on Tuesdays ? It's a meme on my Cat blog http://gattinamycats.blogspot.com/
if ever you want to join in.

Ann in the UP said...

I'm a little late for Gottcha Day, but I love that it get celebrated at your house. I know you're a member of the family there and you look like a beautiful cat. (Are there any other kind?) Hope you got lots of Greenies.

Karen and Gerard said...

Magic Eye: That's right, Bozo. I did get my extra Greenies today too!

Marg: I am very happy now--it has worked out very well for me. I love my home!

Daisy: Thanks, Daisy! I got my extra Greenies and so did Spunky. Abby got extra treats too to celebrate!

Sylvia & Sam: Oh yes, love to be pet now! Have a great day and thanks for taking time to comment.

Sparkle: Thanks, Sparkle! I like that idea!

Beaded Tail: Thanks for the happy Gotcha Day wishes! I did get an extra 6 greenies and Abby and Spunky got extra treats too. Spunky Doodle though regurgitated the extra greenies, what a waste! Poor Spunky has a very sensitive stomach and sometimes eats too fast. At least Abby didn't get to lick it up this time. Gerard held her off while Karen cleaned it up. I am glad I do not have that problem.

Lin: That's a tough one, but I think I would have to say Karen and Gerard are luckier. I had a pretty good home before coming here--that's why it was so scary for me to leave. I am a good cat, even if I say so myself. Gerard though I think feels that I try to replace his beloved Moe Cat. I know I can never be Moe, but I think I make Karen very happy. Gerard is afraid of letting me get close to him because he doesn't want to feel like he's betraying Moe. It's hard to compete with a first cat who was as cool as Moe was. That's why I don't even try. I am not Moe and never try to be. I am me!

Barbara: I sure did, thanks for your comment!

Gattina: Thanks for the Gotcha Day wishes. We never saw Cats on Tuesdays but I'll come check it out. We are usually busy on Tuesdays with our book blog doing Tuesday Teasers. Over 200 blogs participate! That's a lot of blogs to visit!

Ann in the Up: Actually, Ann, I am a "handsome" cat because I am a man cat. Spunky Doodle is the beauty because she is the female. All cats though are gorgeous! Thanks for your comment!

Post a Comment