Here are grocery shopping tips that we use when we shop:
1. Use A checklist and have the items listed in order that you get them in the store. When we do our grocery shopping, we take along a list but just use it to check at the end to be sure we didn't forget anything. I have a list of our usual items on the computer that we just print out and use it as a checklist each week. By putting the items in order according to where they are in the store will save time if you follow your list along the way.
2. Eat before you do your food shopping. We always do our grocery shopping on Saturday after we had a big breakfast at Hometown Buffet. It helps us stick to our list.
3. Go together but split up the list. To save time, we go together but then we split up in the store. We each get the items that we generally eat. I have the cart and Gerard brings things to it. The other option that we have done was to just tear the list in half and each get their half and meet in the middle. This works assuming your list is in order as suggested in item 1 above.
4. When loading the cart, put heavy things in the far end. By doing this, when unloading it, the heavy things will be going on first so they do not crush into the lighter items.
5. Help bag. This is really a no-brainer, especially if there is not a bagger and just the cashier.
6. Use some boxes in your car for the bags of groceries. This will keep things from toppling over and falling out of the bags.
We took this little quiz to see what kind of shoppers we were and here is the results:
|We Are Quick Shoppers|
You're a speedy shopper and a speedy cook. You value efficiency above all else.
You don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen... or in the grocery store!
You buy a lot of convenience foods, and you've got making quick meals at home down to a science.
You know what's cheap, healthy, and easy. You don't need a lot of fuss to eat well.
Stop by Saturday Samplings for best posts of the week.