Sunday, May 1, 2011

Abby’s Walking Club Challenge Participants by Abby

I am a little disappointed that more doggies did not participate, but am very happy that those who did really have fun walks. I realize this was not an easy challenge for those not in good shape so didn’t expect a lot of participants.

Maggie out on her hike at Ludington State Park

The first participant and our winner of the book, Paws For Thought--How Animals Enrich Our Lives--And How We Can Better Care For Them by Anna C. Briggs is Maggie at My Quality Day. We'll also include a treat for Maggie.  She did a wonderful post with great pictures showing her long walk so I hope you will go read all about it.



Sadie

My other good doggie friend is Sadie at The Beaded Tail who lives in Oregon. Her mom is a CPA (Cat’s Personal Assistant as well as someone who is very busy helping people with the taxes during tax season). She still makes time to go for really good walks with Sadie though (Sadie and I look a lot alike, don’t you think?) She is about twice as heavy as me though since I lost my extra pounds. Every week she posts pictures of her strolls on their blog. I love to read all about them! Sadie even lets her mom off leash!

Here is a video of me doing my 4-mile plus walk around our neighborhood setting a good example:






For more posts about pets check out Pet Pride at Pets Forever.

3 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Abby- Thanks for your good example. I take my Mom for a long walk as often as I can. Today we went down by the river. Thanks for my book- mom will read it to me! Maggie

Kay L. Davies said...

Abby, that's wonderful. My dad is away and I don't want to walk with my mom, because she's too slow, so I just refuse to go with her. She says she will try again tomorrow, though.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations to Maggie for winning the book! It was a fun challenge Abby! We do look alike and gee, thanks for pointing out that I weigh more than you. I'm a lot bigger than you though so if I weighed the same I'd look like a greyhound!

Here's to many more walks in the future!
Sadie

Post a Comment