Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Great Movie About Making A Difference: "Beyond The Blackboard"



We taped this movie that was shown on the Hallmark channel and watched it last weekend. We both loved it! It is based on the true story of Stacey Bess, a new teacher who found a job teaching homeless children, grades 1-6 all in the same room. This movie is so inspiring!   It just shows how one person really can make a difference!

I loved how she really cared about the kids and their parents. I was thinking right along with her as to what I would do in that situation. I would have fixed up that room the second day! I loved how she developed her own support system and included the parents too. The PTA meeting was really funny. I liked how her husband supported her as well and even volunteered to help too.

I am definitely going to read the book this "Beyond The Blackboard" is based which is "Nobody Don't Love Nobody" by Stacey Bess.

Both Gerard, Manny, Abby and I were glued to the TV while watching this one! (Spunky Doodle doesn't care for TV).

Did you see this one?  What did you think of it?  What is a movie you really liked?

4 comments:

Mountain Woman said...

I haven't seen the movie but I'll definitely look for it and the book. Sounds great and inspiring.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I like inspiring movies! We'll have to look this one up.

BeadedTail said...

Oh I had wanted to watch that movie and forgot all about it! I'll have to see if I can find it online or at least read that book.

Mrs4444 said...

I haven't seen this one, but I plan to add it to my Netflix! Thanks!

Post a Comment