Saturday, November 16, 2013

17th Anniversary of the Day We Met

ordered from 1800Flowers.com

My husband and I first met at a Pizza Hut on November 16, 1996 and hit it off right away.   Since that day we always have fond memories of it.  Monday, Gerard sent me flowers and candy at work which was a fun surprise.  Look at the cute doggie arrangement!  It has colored flowers behind the dogs too in a cute little basket.

He's learned from many years of experience that it's best to send me stuff on Monday so I can enjoy the flowers at work all week long and not have to carry them home on the bus for the weekend.  It's so sweet of him.  I know it's not practical, but romance is nice too sometimes.  He is definitely the romantic one in our relationship and I love him for that!  Receiving this at work made my day and was a pleasant surprise. 

The card he included was nice to, saying "The day I met you, my life changed for the better. You're the all time sweet, always remember how special you are." --Your loving husband, Gerard

His surprise gifts was one of the things I loved about him before we were married and I am very glad he still surprises me now and then even after 16 years of marriage.  I am so glad God brought us together!

What about you? Have you surprised your mate lately?

Share this:

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Hubby is the romantic in our marriage too. Me not so much. I did give him a valentines card this year and that surprised him very much. I'm not much for card giving.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to all the babies. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you've taught him well, how to win your heart. I hope you've learned the same lesson from him. :)

BeadedTail said...

Happy Anniversary! My hubby is the romantic one too and does things to surprise me all the time. Sure makes me feel special!

Post a Comment