Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How is Your Blood Pressure?

Image source:  Vaughn's Summaries
Blood pressure is always a mystery to me.  I don't understand really what affects it nor why it fluctuates so much.  All I know is that I mine has been improving and last week when I had it checked it's lower than it's been in a very long time.  When a did a "good search" I found this nice little chart giving meaning to the numbers.  For a long time I was just at the borderline of high normal and hpertension, but now I am solidly in the normal range at 122/70!  Yippee!  I was careful not too eat anything during the 2 1/2 hours before my appointment, and have cut out my salty nut snack, changing over to unsalted peanuts to munch for a snack.  I don't know if these little changes made a difference or not, but the only things I did any differently than before. At least I felt good about this, not so good about the doctor telling me I should get two shots a year of Prolia.

How is your blood pressure?

Share this:

4 comments:

Lin said...

Mine is good, but it always spikes a little when I'm at the doctor. I like for them to take it twice--once in the beginning and once at the end of a visit.

Sandee said...

I'm in my 60s so I check mine often. I'm also on medication for high BP. So mine is pretty good all the time now.

Have a terrific day. ☺

Anonymous said...

you can never over do the vegetables. LOL! always make a point of removing 1s arse from the chair to get the blood flowing. that way you may save yourself from a heart attack. wouldn't you think karen. LOL!

BeadedTail said...

Great job on lowering your BP! I have a family history of high BP so try to watch it too and it's finally in the good range after being in the borderline range for a long time.

Post a Comment