Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Go Browns! Great Game Against the Ravens

I am so happy for the Cleveland Browns who played great last Sunday against the Ravens, a good team.  The mistakes they made against Kansas City (dropped passes) were corrected and Jason Campbell, the quarterback was excellent.  Even when he hurt his ribs, he came back in the game and still played well!  I am glad to hear he didn't break any.  Whenever he took off running, I thought, "don't get hurt!" 

As I watched the game, it was exciting to see both Greg Little and Bess make great catches and holding on to the ball.  I loved that the coaches let them go for it on 4 and 1 and they made it . . . twice!  It's been a long, long time since I have been hopeful that the Browns could actually make the playoffs and it feels so good.  The CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER had big full-page write-ups and pictures about the game and my husband said "They act like they won the Super Bowl."  I said, we celebrate every win in a big way because we get so few!

What even made it better was that the Browns were they only ones to win last week in their division, woo hoo!  I also loved that the Steelers were demolished by the Patriots--that was icing on the cake!

There were only a few things that weren't so good: 

(1) Greg Little hurt his collarbone and although he had a great game which he hasn't had in a long time, he needs to stop the taunting and keep his emotions under control.  Maybe if he plays well more regularly, he'll get used to actually making plays and it will become the norm so he won't be so excited and taunt the opposing team.

(2)  They need to still be careful to have the right number of players on the field.  I think this is a matter of better communication which I would think could be easily corrected.

I am praying for a speedy recovery for both Travis Benjamin and Brian Hoyer who have torn ACLs and will most likely be out the rest of the season. 

I know most of our readers are not football fans, certainly not Browns fans, but I just had to share my excitement about my team since I shared my discouragement and disappointment earlier in the season before they turned things around.  Now, onward to the playoffs.  I am looking forward to the second half and hope the team enjoys their week off. 

Share this:

2 comments:

Snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Wow, I can really sense your excitement in this post!!

Have a fun day

Your pal Snoopy :)

Mrs4444 said...

It's a lot more fun to be a fan when your team is winning! Since we have lost our star quarterback for a few weeks (broken collarbone), this week's game should be very interesting. Good luck to your Browns :)

Post a Comment