Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Prayer of Faith Heals the Sick

Since my lumpectomy, I have been taking Femara which is supposed to prevent the cancer from returning (so far so good).  However, it seems like this can bring on Osteoporosis which is weak bones.  My Oncologist has been scheduling me for bone density tests which show my bones are weaker than they should be.  She tells me they are more prone to fractures--even without falling.  I feel fine.  I can walk and run without pain (except when I was taking bone strengthening pills which I stopped).

I have another bone density test coming up next week on Thursday.  For those who may not know what a bone density test is, this is like the easiest test ever!  All I do is lay down for about 10-20 minutes.  There is no pain, no needles, no fasting or special drink required.  I am praying that God will reverse this and strengthen my bones so that I do not need to take two shots a year of Prolia which is now what my doctor is recommending.

The Fosomax and the other pill I tried resulted in excruciating pain in my legs and hips.  I could hardly walk and could not even do a jumping jack or bend over to feed the dog without pain.  I couldn't even sleep through the night because I'd wake up from pain in my legs and hips.  I felt like I was 90 years old.  These were pills I took once a week.  My doctor says none of her patients experienced the Prolia side effects and that it has helped them; however, the side effects are even worse than the ones from those pills.  With a shot, if I experience bad side effects, I can't just undo the shot which is good for six months! 

My God can easily heal and I am putting my faith in Him.  Last night I asked that the church elders anoint me with oil and pray for my healing according to the instructions in James 5:14-15 which says:

If one of you is sick, he should call the church's elders.  The elders should pour oil on him in the name of the Lord and pray for him.  And the prayer that is said with faith will make the sick person well.  The Lord will heal him.  And if he has sinned, God will forgive him.

I love that God has given us such a clear course of action to take.  Seven elders (deacons) prayed for me last night.  Recently, I came across these verses in Proverbs 3:7-8 that I am encouraged by which say:

Don't depend on your own wisdom.  Respect the Lord and refuse to do wrong.  Then your body will be healthy.  And your bones will be strong.  (ICB)
I believe in God and in the power of prayer.  When I was diagnosed with breast cancer July of 2009, I called for the elders of the church to pray for me then too as well as many others, including some of my blogging buddies.  So, once again, I would appreciate all the prayer I can get if you believe in the power of God like I do.

Share this:

3 comments:

Beth Ann Chiles said...

Definitely keeping you in my prayers. Our God is a gracious God and He hears our prayers. Please keep us all in the loop on how our prayers are answered.

Lucky Lady said...

will pray for you but Karen sometimes the side effects are just to bad I hope you don't take the shot and everything gets better

Sandee said...

You've always been in my prayers Karen. You shall remain in my prayers too. Right now I'm going through some medical issues too. I can so relate.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Post a Comment