Friday, November 8, 2013

5 Friday Fragments (time, health, aging, life)


Friday Fragments is hosted by Half Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post to give Mrs. 4444 a break for the summer. Here we go:

Daylight Savings Time

When I googled "When do we set our clocks back in 2013?" I discovered that Arizona and Hawaii do not change their clocks for daylight savings time. I thought that was strange.

No Ballot

Gerard and I both requested ballots to vote by mail. I got mine but he never got his;wonder what's up with that. Fortunately everything he was going to vote for passed.

Department of Aging

I got my Golden Buckeye card this week even though I don't turn 60 until next month. (It's a discount card for 60+ people in Ohio).  My hubby wants to get me something special for my birthday, but I can't think of anything I want other than just a fun day with him.  I do not need more clothes, or an iphone or anything else.  You know you are old when you are hard to buy for. 

Yellow Flags

When we got home from work yesterday, there were little yellow flags in our yard and some of our neighbors yards apparently showing where the gas lines were. Don't know why they are there though.

Prayer Request

I don't usually ask others to pray for me, but I am struggling with a health issue, actually a treatment option for my osteoporosis. I'd like prayer that God would reverse the weakness in my bones and completely restore my health and strong bones before my next bone density test on Nov. 21. Getting two shots a year of Prolia is what my doctor recommends. Going that route seems to be relying on my own wisdom and not on God, plus it has some bad side affects. I experienced bad side affects of other bone strengthening medication before and do not want to go through that again.

Share this:

6 comments:

Catherine said...

We don't change our clocks in Saskatchewan either. I love it! :)

Sandee said...

I wish we didn't have to ever change our clocks. Silly thing if you ask me. I applaud those that never change their clocks. They are smarter than the rest of us.

Prayers on your treatment issues.

Have a terrific day and weekend. Scritches to all the babies. ☺

BeadedTail said...

We only have the choice to vote by mail or drop off our ballots at one of the ballot boxes in about 10 locations in town. No polling places! Makes it way easier!

Sending prayers for your health issue!

Mrs4444 said...

I'm sorry that you're struggling with osteoporosis. Do you work out to help the situation? I think weight-bearing exercises help.

I thought part of Indiana also abstained from clock-changing, too. Interesting..

Thanks for linking up.Have a great weekend.

StarTraci said...

With my kids, I wish we would go back to Standard time earlier. It is hard to get them to go to sleep for school when it's still light outside at 8:00 and then it's dark in the morning. Of course, I do love to Fall Back.

I certainly will pray for you. I hope that health comes quickly to you.

Happy FF!
:-)
TRaci

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I do not like DST and I will never get used to it. Sending up a prayer that your bone density test shows improvement so you don't have to get the shots.

Post a Comment