Friday, March 2, 2012

6 Things We Learned This Week 9 of 2012 (food, news, books, birds, comments)

 
Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. We like to share what we've learned each week.
  1. Prunes

    Prunes can make you gassy. You shouldn't eat a lot at a time. You can find out more Side Effects of Prunes and the Medical Benefits of Prunes at Livestrong.com.

  2. Fire, HELP!

    From Sparkle's post, Sebastian's Friends Need Help Too, I learned about Kathi and her cats who were in a terrible fire and really need help. Her oldest cat died in the fire, she escaped with just the clothes on her back and lost everything else except for her cat, CJ, who got out but was very badly burned so has some big vet bills on top of everything else. I felt so sorry for this lady that I put up her "Chip In" widget. There's a problem with it updating the total donated so far, but the PayPal process completed okay.

  3. image source:  Wikipedia
  4. Peregrine

    By reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, I learned that a Peregrine is a bird. Miss Peregrine could change into a Peregrine Falcon.
  5. February Comments

    We received 210 comments in February so are donating $105 to Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue. For March, we will donate 50 cents per legitimate comment to the American Cancer Society.  Two bloggers I visit regularly, Mrs 4444 at Half-Past Kissin' Time and Lucky Lady at Country Pictures are both participating in Relay for Life so we'll split our donation between them if it is still going on at the end of this month..
  6. Bible Study

    I finished Beth Moore's Bible study on the book of James called James--Mercy Triumphs and will post my review of it Sunday on Grab A Book From Our Stack. I learned so much about James that I didn't know before and have memorized the Chapters 1 and 2. Some of the teachings really sunk in too. It was a very thought-provoking study that I enjoyed very much.
  7. Postage

    When buying stamps this week, I learned that postage went up a penny to 45 cents for one stamp.

Share this:

6 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

Thanks for the wonderful update every week. I love coming over here, cuz there's always something I missed...

Have a great weekend... and...

Happy Dr. Seuss Day!

pawhugs, Max

Wayne W Smith said...

Sounds like you had another informative week. Hope next is as interesting as this one.

Keetha Broyles said...

Prunes are wonderful for plugged "plumbing" ;-)

Traci Marie Wolf said...

You have the sweetest heart Karen, just thought I'd tell you I noticed. God bless you.

I really want to read that book.

Sparkle said...

Thank you SO much, Karen, for putting up the widget for Kathi. You have no idea how much this is helping!

Hilary said...

Prunes can do other stuff too, chuckle, chuckle, chuckle

Post a Comment