Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Got My Teeth Cleaned by Manny

I knew something was up Monday when Karen didn't give me any breakfast! Boy, was I hungry too because she put away my food at 6 p.m. the day before. I tried my hardest to get into the treat bag that is on the computer desk, but I couldn't get it open.   Spunky was hungry too because she didn't get her breakfast on time either.  Mom waited until I was in the carrier to feed Spunky so I wouldn't get any.

When my mom finally threw in one little kibble of food into the carrier, I walked right in after it and then heard the gate close behind me. Oh no! I was off to the vet! I get grumpy when they poke and prod and invade my privacy. Do not like the vet--I think Abby is nuts for wanting to go up there all the time. Fortunately, they put me to sleep and I had a nice long nap while they cleaned my teeth. They gave me a certificate of bravery just like Spunky Doodle has.


When was the last time your were brave?  Do you get your cat's teeth cleaned too?

(50 cents per legitimate comment during March goes to The American Cancer Society by sponsoring Mrs 4444 and Lucky Lady in The Race For Life.)

Share this:

7 comments:

Daisy said...

I think Harley was extra-brave to get an anesthesia-free dental. They just hold him in their lap wrapped in a blanket!

Lin said...

Daisy--I think the vet is BRAVE for doing it that way!! :O

We get our teeth checked and cleaned too. Grace is missing a few after all these years, but she takes good care of the ones she has left.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Good heavens, dental work for cats! This is a brave new world. LOL!

Sandee said...

Our Little Bit gets her teeth cleaned too. It's good for them and helps them live longer too.

Have a terrific day. :)

BeadedTail said...

We think you were very brave to go through all that Manny and we sure hope you got extra treats for all that poking and prodding too! We all get our teeth checked too and Sadie needs her teeth clean but Mommy is chicken to have her go under anesthesia since she's an old lady.

Sparkle said...

I think any trip to the vet deserves a certificate of bravery! Whenever I go, I tremble like I am going to have a heart attack, I'm so scared. The last time my roommate Boodie had her teeth cleaned, they just scraped the tartar off her gums, so she didn't need to be put under either.

Anonymous said...

Keeping a fresh blog is challenging and extremely tiresome. You've pulled it off well though.

Post a Comment