Friday, March 16, 2012

5 Things We Learned This Week 12 of 2012 (worms, news, vitamin D, Browns, movie)

 
Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. We like to share what we've learned each week.
  1. Worms

    I knew worms come out when it rains but didn't know they come out at night. Last Friday, a friend was telling me about the worm picking job she did for a day on a golf course, gathering up worms in buckets that she had strapped to her legs, arms and back! Now, your job doesn't seem so bad, does it?
  2. Made The News

    Our dog, Abby, was in our vet's newsletter this month. Her picture was right on the front page in the top right corner and a blurb about her being bit 15 times and recovering well directing people to check out the video on their Facebook page.
  3. Browns

    The Browns lose Peyton Hillis to the Chiefs. I really don't care because he didn't do much last season anyhow and was hurt a lot.
  4. Vitamin D

    I have a vitamin D deficiency so am always on the lookout for foods that contain it. I just found out this week that salmon and tuna are good sources of vitamin D. Maybe I should eat tuna again--I could add it to my salad that I usually have for supper.
  5. Hugo

    My husband read The Invention of Hugo Cabret and is looking forward to seeing the movie, but after reading this review of it: Movie-Hugo by Cookies and Clogs, I don't think I care to go see it.


(50 cents per legitimate comment during March goes to The American Cancer Society by sponsoring Mrs 4444 and Lucky Lady in The Race For Life.) Share this:

13 comments:

Diane said...

I stopped eating meat 3 months ago but I do eat a lot of salmon and tuna. I didn't even know it was high in Vitamin D. Good to know!

Happy Friday! :)

Sandee said...

Great information on vitamin D. I take Caltrate with D for my bones and have for many years.

I'm not surprised about Abby. She should have made the front page.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

Lin said...

Yeah for Abby!! She is definitely an inspiration. Her will to live certainly played a big part in her recovery, I'm sure.

My mom saw "Hugo" and loved it. Although I'm sure the movie isn't as good as the book. Rarely is.

Wayne W Smith said...

I am not so sure worm picking would be on my list of preferred professions.

Skoots1moM said...

hahaha, i have never heard of a worm-picking job before I read your post. so glad i've never had THAT job.

Carolee said...

This is a legitimate comment....

It's been a while since I've dropped in and happened to see about you donating from Mrs. 444's blog and thought I'd visit.

I didn't know Tuna had vitamin D!

I would love for you to check out The Blogging Buddies...fill out a profile page including blog & social networking links- you may be my next featured member!

Have an awesome weekend!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I have to take a super dose of Vit D once a week....I think every women after 40 needs it....at least everyone I talk to says so! Worms and rain freak me out especially the smell....
Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

I think worm picking would be low on the list of jobs that I would like, right there with hunting frogs and snakes. I knew a guy, a former teacher, who hunted frogs and snakes on the bayous, at night. Researchers paid him, especially for venomous snakes.

BeadedTail said...

Yay for Abby to be featured! She certainly deserves all the attention! I hope Hillis does better for the Chiefs! :)

Actingbalanced said...

I didn't know salmon and tuna was high in vitamin D... but I love both! Especially cedar plank salmon... yum!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I love worms, we have two worm/compost bins, and I am the crazy lady who talks to the worms!

They're good for the earth.

Daisy said...

When it rains here, the worms come out and also the bufo toads that feast on all the worms. Yuck!

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm hearing a lot about Vitamin D deficiencies... crazy! Isnt that what the sun gives you too? Time to soak up the rays :)

Post a Comment