Friday, March 23, 2012

4 Things We Learned This Week 13 of 2012 (health, blogging, jobs, calendar)

 
Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. We like to share what we've learned each week.

  1. My Waist Grew

    I found out my black jeans are too tight on me! I couldn't even get them zipped! YIKES! When I measured my waist, I was shocked to see it was five inches bigger than I expected!
  2. Commenting

    I couldn't leave a comment at Should Be Reading for my weekly teaser this week--it said I had to sign in and it didn't work when I tried signing in using my Twitter account.
  3. Skip Tracer

    From reading Deceit by Brandilyn Collins, I learned that a skip tracer is someone who finds people that are missing using all sorts of special ways on the computer. This was a good book about hypocrites and deceit. (Follow the link above to my review).
  4. Calendar

    My plan to re-use my old 2006 Day-by-Day calendar with the cute cat pictures for my desk at home didn't work out so well. I just noticed yesterday that the dates are off because this year had 29 in February and in 2006 there were only 28 days in February. I'll have to go through my other years and see what matches up with the current date. I saved them to re-use because the pictures were so cute!
(50 cents per legitimate comment during March goes to The American Cancer Society by sponsoring Mrs 4444 and Lucky Lady in The Race For Life.) Share this:

9 comments:

Lin said...

I've noticed my body is changing too--and yes, the weight is around the middle as I get older. The weight part is pretty close to the same (by 4 or 5 pounds), but that weight around the middle sure makes a difference to how things fit! Ugh.

Get a new calendar, Karen. There are more cute photos out there!

Ann in the UP said...

I always check you out quickly to find out what's worth learning this week.

I'm reading a book I bought with a gift card when I had my knee replaced, when I usually read from the library. Then I couldn't get into it. I'd start and stall again and again, but now I'm enjoying it very much. (The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver.)

About the weight measurement---age + gravity = shock.

Wayne W Smith said...

Unfortunately, I have the same waist growing problem. Not fun.

Hootin Anni said...

Now that's what I call being ingenious....saving calendars to match the dates...I never THOUGHT of that....but I will from this day forward!!!!

Not zipped? Oh oh...
Do my trick...lay on the bed, zip 'em up and then they'll stretch. LOL...I've been around a while.


My Friday post is: THE 'F' WORDS

Kay said...

Stress is making my body retain water like mad... I totally understand this problem of denim buttons :-(

The other day I couldn't log into something as well. I wonder why they glitch like that?

I just need to start reading books, period. It'a a goal of mine.

Sandee said...

Five inches? Wow, that's a lot.

I think I want to read that book. Sounds like something I would enjoy.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

BeadedTail said...

With as active as you are it's probably just temporary and those inches will be gone soon!

I hadn't thought of re-using calenders either. Very clever!

Keetha Broyles said...

Reusing calendars - - - now THAT is frugal!

Daisy said...

We have one of those old calendars and my Mommeh uses the pages (the back) as a notepad.

Post a Comment