Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm so Strong by Spunky Doodle

The Monday after Manny's trip to the vet, something very strange happened.  She brought up my bed and put a blanket down for me because it's a little cooler upstairs at this time of year.


When I came back down, I couldn't get through because she had a big board blocking the stairway!  My mom decided to keep me upstairs all day while they were at work because she wanted to measure how much food Manny ate.  Of course, she knew if I was down there, I'd eat some of it.  She thought this would be better than the basement because there is not much sunlight down there.  Whew!  It could have been worse.  I was very lonely all day while they were at work though, not being able to lay around with Manny and Abby.  Finally, when Gerard got home, he let me out. 


The next morning, she did it again!  I plowed it over because no way was I going to be stuck up there all day again!  There I am, up on the table just after eating some of Manny's food to show her I am in charge around here!.  My mom was a bit stubborn though and determined to have her way.

  She got a heavier and slightly bigger chair to hold the board up. 

Just to make sure it was heavy enough, she set her two 5 lb. weights on the chair.  I just laughed and waited until she left.  Then . . .

See me by the kitchen doorway admiring my work?  
(This is what Gerard came home to last Tuesday)

BOOM!  Ha, ha, ha!  I am free again!!!  I do have to give Abby some credit for helping me out.  Because of her cone, Karen wanted to make sure she could get through to the bedroom without knocking the chair away so that's why Karen turned the chair sideways which did make it a bit easier to knock over me.  Thanks, Abby.  We pets stick together and look out for each other.

Finally, Karen surrendered and decided so what if I eat a bit of Manny's food.  I need to eat too and Manny still eats way more than I do.

Visit Pet Pride to find more pet posts or link up one of your own!

(50 cents per legitimate comment during March goes to The American Cancer Society by sponsoring Mrs 4444 and Lucky Lady in The Race For Life.)

Share this:

6 comments:

Lin said...

Hahaha! You can't get in the way of a kitty and his food!!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Wowsa! Strong kitty!

Mr Puddy said...

Doesn't matter how much human try, We kitties still won...tee...heh...Great Job ! MOL

BeadedTail said...

You sure showed her Spunky! We bet you were famished after all that work getting in!

Sparkle said...

No wonder your name is Spunky! You have lots of initiative and spunk, along with being strong and smart! You outfoxed your human - paws up!

Spunky Doodle said...

Lin: I only like being alone if it is my choice.

Rebecca: Yup!

Mr. Puddy: You got that right! Thanks!

Beaded Tail: Oh, yes I was. It was kind of fun though--very challenging. I think it's called pet enrichment.

Sparkle: Thanks, Sparkle. That is high praise coming from you!

Post a Comment