Thursday, February 4, 2010

Songs I Can't Escape. . . And Don't Want To (Writer's Workshop)


I love starting my day with praise to my God and lately, the following two songs seem to pop into my head every morning at the bus stop, sometimes even before I get there. I sing as I wait for the bus. Don’t worry, it’s okay, no one else is around to hear, just my God and me.

(I forget the title of this one, anyone know it? Gerard thinks it's "How Majestic Is Your Name")

Oh Lord, oh Lord,
How majestic is your name in all the Earth.
Oh Lord, oh Lord,
How majestic is your name in all the Earth.
Oh, Lord! I praise your name!
Oh, Lord! I magnify your name.
King of Kings, Lord of Lords,
Oh, Lord God almighty!



Ah, Lord God
(based on Jeremiah 32:17-19)

Ah, Lord God,
Thou hast made the heavens and the earth by thy great power.
Ah, Lord God,
Thou hast made the heavens and the Earth by thine outstretched arm.
Nothing is too difficult for thee, Nothing is too difficult for thee
Great and mighty God,
Great in counsel, mighty in deed.
Nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing,
Nothing is too difficult for thee!

This is part of Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop. Also participated with my other blog: My Earliest Memory--There's A Mouse In The House!--the freaking out prompt.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

8 comments:

Farmers Wifey said...

Great way to start the day! Visiting from mama kats!!

Sandra said...

Mmmm...words for every soul

Helene said...

Those are lovely lyrics to both songs! It's much better than the song I have stuck in my head...Lady Gaga's new song "Bad Romance".

Unknown said...

I think the song is called Give my praise and I love that song.. but my new favorite right now is the David Crowder band's Oh how he loves us.. my pastors wife sings that song and it just makes the ahir stand up on your arms, Stopping by form Mama Kat's... hop by mine and see me sometime

Jennifer said...

A nice song to have stuck in you head. Why is it the songs I really like never stay stuck in my head long, but some I hate if I just hear a few minutes of them they are there all day! LOL

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Farmer's Wife: It does sort of put put in a good mood to start, course when the bus didn't show up Friday, my good mood left. Had to wait half an hour in the cold for the next bus!

Helene: I never heard "Bad Romance" but sure doesn't sound very uplifting!

SingedWingangel: I like that song too!

Jennifer: I knw what you mean, sometimes "It's a Small Small World" gets stuck in my head. It's a catchy little tune; I think that's why.

Rebecca @ Freaky Frugalite said...

Yes, that's "How Majestic is Your Name." I think Sandi Patti made it popular, back in the 80s (I used to work at a Christian radio station).

I really love Hillsong, from Australia. Have you heard of them?

The Silver Age Sara said...

What a beautiful song. I also start the day with thanks. This year I purchased a daily morning reflection book for women and it has the most beautiful prayers in it. Just a great way to set the tone for the day.
P.S. - Never knew about the puppy bowl. If I can get the TV away from Mountain Man, I'll go check it out.

Post a Comment