Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Flat Stanley Was First! (Writer's Workshop)

This is one of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop prompts: To share a string of emails. Well, I was going to do this anyway because Monday, when i checked my email it gave me such a lift to find this:

From: Katrina Sevin
Subject: Thank you!!
To: zemeks
Date: Monday, February 15, 2010, 3:33 AM

Hi Karen!

I can't thank you enough for helping out with our Flat Stanley project. I wish you could have seen the excitement on Aidyn's face when he opened the envelope and saw the pictures you sent. It was truly special.

I hope you had an amazing Valentine's.

Katrina
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Karen&Gerard Zemek
To: Katrina Sevin
Sent: Mon, Feb 15, 2010 8:14 am
Subject: Re: Thank you!!

It was fun to participate and I'm so glad your little boy got such a thrill out of it. Just wondering how many he received? I could do a follow-up post on it. I was surprised how many people actually heard of Flat Stanley.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From:
"Katrina Sevin"
To:
zemeks

So far, yours is the only one we received back! We've sent out 25 and we're mailing out more tomorrow so I'm expecting they'll probably start coming in soon.

We were all sick with a nasty stomach bug last week so we didn't start the book yet. Today, we're going out to buy a scrapbook and yours is our first page. :)

Katrina
http://sevinfamily.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so glad I participated in this little project and encourage you to do it too. What an easy way to brighten someone's day! If you'd like to participate, here's the link to her original post where you can get the instructions: Can He Come To Your House?

Go read more at Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

10 comments:

Lin said...

Go Flat Stanley!

Alex said...

i replied to someone to have a flat stanley sent to me, but he hasnt been sent yet.
Im looking forward to the fun time everyone seems to have with him.

BeadedTail said...

How fun to have participated in this event! Hope he gets more too!

The Bumbles said...

Oh I love Flat Stanley! My friend was a teacher in San Diego for little ones and her classroom sent out Flat Stanley in letters to each state, asking that the recipients return him with things unique to their state. So I had lots of fun sending him along with Massachusetts momentos :0)

MrsM said...

Oh the awesomeness of Flat Stanley...

Melissa aka Equidae said...

no idea what it is but seems like fun!

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

Stopping by from SITS - love Flat Stanley!

Carol said...

I love Flat Stanley! The 2nd graders at the school where I teach do this every year. Because we have a lot of families from other countries, Flat Stanley gets to visit a lot of cool places.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Ayvie: That's nice of you to participate too!

Beaded tail: You could participate--http://sevinfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/can-he-come-to-your-house.html

The Bumbles: That's pretty neat of that teacher! Did you participate?

MrsM: I'm really surprised how popular he is!

Melissa: Don't feel bad, I never heard of him before I saw that blog post either!

Acting Balance Mom: Hope you will join in and invite him to your house too then!

Fiftiesmom: That's cool! I'm sure the kids love it.

Unknown said...

Flat Stanley sounds fascinating! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following and looking forward to knowing you better!

Post a Comment