Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Most Romantic Valentine's Day Gift

UPDATED 3/27/10--ADDED THE VIDEO! I remember our first Valentine's Day before we were married because we were both looking forward to it so much, it being the first time either of us had someone special with whom to celebrate Valentine's day. He sent me some candy and balloons at work and we played our songs (Always and Masterpiece). Unfortunately, I had a bad cold so kissing was out because I didn't want to give him my germs.

I know some people think Valentine's Day is just a Hallmark money maker, but we look forward to making it a bit special now that we have a special someone to share it with. After we were married, our first Valentine's Day together I surprised Gerard by taking off work early and greeting him when he got home in my skimpy longerie and set up a candlelight supper with a pizza since I don't cook. He was really surprised and liked my teddy!

Gerard is good at finding unique gifts that I like. Over the years, he's bought many wonderful gifts for me and Valentine's Day is no exception. We both agree the most romantic one he got for me is my talking bear that has his voice, who I named Romeo. I press Romeo's tummy and I can hear my husband's sweet words:


Mrs. Wonderful, who you are,
Mrs. Wonderful, that's you!
You're the all time sweets,
Love you so much!
You're the bestest best,
There ever was!

I am not a jewelry or fancy restaurant person. I don't go for candles and I'm not real big on flowers either because they only last a week and with the cats, it's best not to bring in flowers. I don't wear perfume and I'm trying to cut way down on my chocolate intake so I am not the easiest person to buy for. This year we got a cute bear picture that has our names carved in the tree. Santa brought it for us at Christmas as an early Valentine's Day present.

(I wanted to include the video so you could actually hear the bear and the two singing hearts we have two, but since I did the Flip update, it hasn't worked right. There was no sound and it wouldn't upload to the post. Now the program won't even open--any suggestions what I should do to get it to work? I'm really flipped out over this!) UPDATED 3/27/10: I finally found a way to do this without the Flip software.
Hope you have a happy Valentine's Day! We normally take that day off so we can spend it with each other. It's nice it's on a Sunday this year! Did you do anything to make it special? What is the most romantic gift you received?

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love the bear picture.

BeadedTail said...

Valentines Day is certainly special when you can share it with someone you love! That bear picture is adorable! Hope you both have a wonderful day!

Rebecca @ Freaky Frugalite said...

*sigh* that's SO sweet, Karen!! I am the same way-- no flowers, no perfume, no chocolates. I like practical stuff or FUN stuff. That's a beautiful print!

Modern Mom said...

Gerard is so sweet and that's a cute teddy bear. Belated Happy Valentine's Day!

Mrs4444 said...

Way to go, uploading that sweet video! I love it and am very happy for you both :)

Post a Comment