Friday, February 19, 2010

6 Things I Learned This Week #59


How To Get Rid Of Hiccups


At Five Moms and a Blog I learned an easy to to get rid of hiccups is to ask "When was the last time you saw a rabbit?" to the person with hiccups. Then just start questioning the person about the details and poof, hiccups stop. Check out the link--she says has had had great success with this over 16 years.

Cat Olympics


At Housecat Confidential you can find all the details about entering in the Cat Olympics with pictures of your pets (it's not just limited to cats). I first found out about it at Laila and Minchi who entered the synchronized snoozing competition. Must hurry if you are going to enter! Be sure to see our entries that we posted Tuesday night!

Changing Jobs


I just found out this week that I will be moving to a different floor at work and will be working for three different attorneys. It's like starting a whole new job except it is at the same firm. It will be quite a change because I've been on my floor for about ten years and worked for the same attorney about 15 years. I guess all good things must come to an end--I'm trying to stay positive. At least I'll be busy now and the days should go by quicker.

Flat Stanley


I was the first one to return Flat Stanley so had to write about it: "My Flat Stanley Was First!" To invite him to your house, here's the link to find out more and get instructions: Can He Come To Your House?

How to Get Rid Of Paint Fumes


I came across this tip at Modern Mom: slice an onion into quarters and put on in each corner of the freshly painted room.



Amazing Bowler


Jim Cripps from Tennessee actually bowls backwards and carried a 184 average. One day he had 11 strikes in a row! He was horrible at bowling and just tried doing it backwards on a bet finding that it worked for him! This video is worth watching--I would not have believed it:



Check out more Friday Fragaments at Half Past Kissin' Time.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

17 comments:

Daisy said...

We did not enter the Cat Olympics. But Harley did get to wear his special Olympic hoodie!

cat said...

I love the Cat-o -lympics idea! That is so cute. Thanks for popping in.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all the changes at your job!!

Sandee said...

I hope your new job turns out well. Being busy during the day is a big plus. It does make the day go by much quicker.

I didn't know about the paint fumes and the onion either. Great hint.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Daisy: I'm surprised you did not enter because you are both very talented! i did like Harley's Olympic outfit though!

Cat: I thinks it's a great idea too--so fun to see so many cats!

gringationcancun & Sandy: Thanks, I'm sure it will be fine.

Anonymous: Thanks for the suggestion. I normally do if it's a main post but this is just fragments so I like to keep things short, like bullets rather than elaborate much. I wonder who you are?

mel said...

happy sits saturday!
best of luck to you with the new transition at work. hopefully it will be even better :)

Charlene said...

Thank you SO much for reminding me about Flat Stanley. I've been missing my dad lately and was reminded that he and "Flat" spent some time together per my daughter a few years ago. I still have the letter... will need to read it again today. Thanks!
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Great hints!

Loved the bowler - I saved the link to watch later. Everyone is sleeping so I can't listen to it now.

Visiting from Friday Fragments

Amy said...

Happy Frag Day.

I've seen the bowler video before. My youngest loves bowling, so when he was little, we would search You Tube for bowling videos. This was a fave.

Flat Stanley - My oldest sent her Flat Stanley to my sister who was the producer of an entertainment news show in Miami at the time. She took FS on a junket to NYC with her. So we have a pic of Annie's Flat Stanley palling around with Will Ferrell!

I'd rather smell paint fumes than onion.

Michelle said...

I love the trick for hiccups. I'm definitely going to have to try that out soon!

And the onion? I wonder if that would work for the nasty fumes from the cleaners my cleaning ladies "forget" not to use....

Lin said...

Karen-First, thanks for the well-wishes for Hobbes. He isn't out of the woods yet, but I think we are getting there. I really appreciate your kind words, more than you know.

I think your job change shows that you are still flexible and willing to do what is necessary for your company. Don't look at it as a bad thing--on the contrary--they know you can do it! :)

Prairiemaid said...

Moving on up, to the big time....

Wishing you great success in your new position.

And I like the method for getting rid of hiccups. Cute!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Mel: Thanks, I think it will be fine.

Charlene: Glad I brought back a fun memory for you!

Carolee: Glad you liked my fragments and enjoyed the bowler.

Amy: I know the video is old, but first I've seen it. Flat Stanley really gets around! That is very cool about his trip to NY. The paint fumes give me a headache, the onion doesn't.

Michelle: I thought the hiccup tip was pretty funny. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. You could give the onion a try, I bet it would work for that too!

Lin: So happy Hobbes is back to his old self! I really was worried about him. I think my job will be fine, it beats having to look for another one! I'll make it work, that's just how I am.

Prairiemaid: Thanks for the encouragement but actually I'm moving down from floor 33 to floor 29. I'm going to miss my friends from 33--I've been up there for so many years!

Claudya Martinez said...

Good luck with all the changes at your work.

Mrs4444 said...

The bowling guy is fascinating, but I was even more compelled by the goiter on that first guy's neck! Yikes!

You have a terrific attitude about the changes at work; you have a wonderful temperament.

The cat Olympics idea is pretty cute :)

Lookie Lou TPPC.tv said...

I would like to compete with the cats in the snooze olympics...do you think they would allow me?

Post a Comment