Friday, February 12, 2010

3 Things I Learned This Week #58



Dysautonomia


Ever hear of this? I didn't until I read Rachel's blog at One Day At A Time. She has this chronic illness. Her autonomic nervous system does not properly regulate vital functions such as temperature regulation, digestion, heart rate, blood pressure, and energy production. When she stands up, her blood pools in her feet, they turn purple and her ankle swell. This is just one of her problems. Fortunately, she has an amazing attitude and takes it in stride. I found her blog through SITS this week.

TV: Undercover Boss and Survivor


Undercover Boss is a new show that aired after the Super Bowl that I really like. The CEO of a waste management company went undercover and pretended to be a new employee in several different areas of his company to see if the policies in place were effective and find out areas where they could improve. It was truly an eye opening experience for him. It was so funny watching him trying to do the jobs his employees do every day that he couldn't handle. I missed the end though because I taped it and because the Super Bowl ran a bit over, the ending got cut off. It is being shown again though tonight at 9:00 and a new episode with Hooters will air Sunday night at 9:00 on CBS.

The new Survivor season of villains against the good guys was on last night. It's fun to watch the key players from other episodes back for this special "reunion" season.

UPADATED AT 6:45 A.M.

Entrecard Drama


Cornyman has accused some bloggers of ghost dropping and I was surprised that some of my regular readers were included; therefore, I discounted it but will post more about my thoughts on this tomorrow.

More Friday Fragments.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

10 comments:

Daisy said...

I can't wait to see the new season of Survivor. We recorded it last night and we'll watch in a few days. Now that my Mommeh gets home from work at about 8:30, we don't have time to watch much teevee at night.

ps: In response to your comment, we did leave Entrecard. We stopped dropping a few weeks ago when my Mommeh started her job, and our last ad ran yesterday, so we removed the widget. It seems there is more drama happening again there!

Matty said...

I saw previews of that show about the CEO going undercover. I heard about the founder of WalMart, Sam Walton doing the same thing. He would go into a store and just act like he was shopping, and if he was mistreated by an employee, they were fired on the spot.

What is "ghost dropping"?

Stopped in by way of FF.

Sandee said...

I didn't read about the ghost dropping. Haven't a clue what that means. I need to check that out.

Have a terrific day and you and Gerard have a very happy Valentine's day. :)

The Crazy Coxes said...

I really liked that Undercover show too! I may have to watch again. That Waste Management guy was really cool.

I've never heard of ghost dropping - but you got mycuriosity up!

Happy Friday!

BeadedTail said...

I liked that Undercover show too. Wish my boss would try that sometime!

I don't know what ghost dropping is but will have to check it out.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Daisy: We taped Survivor too and watched it Friday night. Very good and fun to see some of my favorite players back again. Also watched some of that "Surviving Survivor" show, so sad Ethan had such a battle with Cancer. I liked him a lot!

Sorry you left Entrecard--please reconsider. At least keep your widget up so I can get some drop credits, please, please!

Matty: Wow, that Walmart guy really values the customers, doesn't he. I think that's okay as long as the employees are aware that he does it or at least aware that he places such a high priority on customer relations.

Ghost dropping is when somehow you get clicks on the entrecard widgit on blogs to register by not actually visiting the blog and doing it. Apparently, there is some way to do that which is clearly against the Entrecard rules.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sandee: Yeah, check it out and let me know what you think. You have a nice Valentine's Day too!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Karen, I enjoyed Survivor although I thought the villains got awfully rough in the first contest. Haven't watched Undercover Boss but I'll tape it.
Poor Rachel. I've never heard of that problem but it sounds like quite a challenge.
As to the EC drama, you wrote so eloquently about it and who in the heck cares about what other people are or aren't doing. Geesh, it's hard enough to keep track of myself.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Crazy Coxes & Beaded Tail: Glad you liked that Undercover Boss show too. I explain "Ghost Dropping" in my above comment.

Mountain Woman: I agree that first challenge was brutal! I think the "Villains" were living up to their name. Sort of felt like they had to prove how bad they were.

I saw your post about the EC drama today. Very good and thanks for the link to my post!

Mrs4444 said...

I tried to find that list but was unsuccessful. That's okay; I'm not that worried about it, but I was curious.

Watched both of those shows this week, too. The boss show is my favorite; that guy seemed like a good man, too.

Wow. I don't know how Rachel does it. I'm glad she's blogging, since we know the blogging community is incredibly supportive, and Lord knows she can use the extra prayers. Thanks for the link.

Prairiemaid said...

I am going to have to checkout Rachel's blog. Thanks for blogging about it.

Ghost dropping...very strange.

Have a good week.

Post a Comment