Thursday, May 23, 2013

Unusual Sights In Downtown Cleveland

Once again, last week when out at lunch time I saw a couple unusual things.  First of all, last Friday I saw four different groups of high school kids in small groups of about eight wearing t-shirts that said, "Amazing Race Cleveland 2013."  The first group I saw had yellow shirts, the second had orange, the third had green and the fourth had blue.  JFK was on the shirts too so I assume that was the high school they were from.  Apparently, they were playing the Amazing Race, looking for different clues.  One of the blue team told me there were ten teams!  It looked like they were all having a great time--it was a gorgeous day for it!

Notice my pretty bushy tail?
In the library garden on Friday, a couple people from the Cleveland Zoo had a table with literature about different activities available at the zoo and the Metropolitan parks, but they had brought along a couple stuffed friends:  a coyote and an owl.  She said people sometimes confuse the coyote with a wolf, but the coyote is smaller. 

Of course I had to pet them both!  The nice lady offered to take my picture with the coyote:
I should have had my first cat, Mr. Moe, stuffed like this!  That was my thought after petting this guy.
For an alternative to burial or cremation of a pet, learn about freeze-drying a dead pet at www.pet-animalpreservation.com.  Would you consider this for your pet?

Posted Mr. Moe's story earlier this week.

Share this:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We bury our deceased pets in the back garden...pet cemetery :)
Rosemary

BeadedTail said...

The Amazing Race thing is a great idea for kids! It gets them outside and working as a team and it'd be fun! I don't think I'd ever freeze-dry a pet. We have them cremated so they can go with us if we ever move.

Sandee said...

I love to see high school kids doing fun things. You're only young once and you might as well enjoy it.

Although hubby and I have not talked about this I'm guessing that when our Little Bit passes we'll have her cremated. I'm not looking forward to that and I hope it's many years from now.

Have a terrific day Karen. Scritches to all the babies. ☺

Josie Two Shoes said...

The Amazing Race sounds like fun! It would make me too sad to have the animals I have loved so much just hanging around as stuffed shells without their wonderful personalities. Pictures, videos and memories will do just fine! :-)

Kara said...

That Amazing Race things sounds fun! What a neat idea. And freeze-drying your pet? Hmmmm. That's certainly a new one. Would you do it?

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

We never did fun things like the Amazing Race when I was in school--would have liked it! I the taxiderm animals, they are very lifelike! It's something I would consider. Saving ashes doesn't appeal to me at all.

Post a Comment