Friday, May 31, 2013

7 Friday Fragments (strange and new things, books, park, baseball, holiday)


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:

Free Shirt

My husband got was given a free BOSTON STRONG t-shirt by someone from work this week.  He loves it!

Most Runs

The Cleveland Indians have scored lots of runs so far this year, with some big blowout games which got me wondering if standings went by most runs scored instead of wins/losses, where they would be. I good searched it and lo and behold, there is a very nice chart listing all the MLB teams in order of number of runs scored in 2013. The tribe is tie for 4th place as of Thursday night (before the game) with 219. Guess who is in the lead: The Colorado Rockies!

Favorite Reads for May

Non-fiction by Military Wife, mother of three boys
Thriller/Mystery
Karen's favorite was Touch and Go by Lisa Gardner.
Gerard's favorite was Dinner With the Smileys
Actually, we both enjoyed both of these books! Click the links to see our full reviews.

Building Something but What?


When I went to the library garden during lunch yesterday, this is what I saw there! I guess it is for the Captain American movie that is being filmed but I don't know what it is.  There are openings on both sides that look like doors. I think it sort of looks like Noah's ark. Any guesses?

Lunch at the Park

Wednesday, when I went to the nearby park for lunch, I discovered lots of food trucks come there including one selling ice cream! Unfortunately, a cone cost $2.50 which is more than this cheapskate wants to pay. There was also a small band playing and a guy doing handstands!

New Hose


I used my Walmart gift card for a pocket hose. It is krinkly and folds up real small and is kink resistant. Our other hoses always seem to get holes in them.  I also got fabric markers that Manny (my tabby cat) is very happy about but will let him tell you why in a post during the week.

Memorial Day

The tiger was awake and even smiled nice for the camera!
It was cool here for Memorial Day, but we still had a nice time, starting with a early morning walk with Abby and making a vlog about my transitional lenses (posted yesterday). Then we went to the zoo for four hours and got everything in except for the Australian Adventure area before it started to rain. We'll pick that up another day and will post a slideshow of it sometime in June. We had a very nice visit and dinner with some friends from church late afternoon. Did you do anything special Memorial Day?

Share this:

12 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

The zoo is always a good way to spend a holiday.

Sandee said...

I loved Touch & Go . I had a hard time putting it down. Excellent read.

Have a terrific day and weekend. ☺

Stacy Uncorked said...

I haven't been the zoo in so long - I'm thinking a trip there soon is in order so the kids can enjoy the wonder of it all. ;)

I wonder what that thing is that looks like a big ol' pile of logs? Let us know if you find out - curious minds want to know! :)

Menopausal Mother Nature is having Hot Flashes again, Front Porch Update and Wino Competition Results – Friday Fragments

BeadedTail said...

Great photo of the tiger smiling! I'm not sure I've read any Lisa Gardner books but I'll put that one on my list. Maybe sometime this summer you'll get an ice cream cone treat and be sure to let us know!

Beth Zimmerman said...

We just spent a lazy day on Monday. Some times that is exactly what we need!

The structure looks to me like a large basket. Something like Mother Hubbard's Shoe I suppose.

Relaxing in that square sounds lovely! I would have splurged on the ice cream! =)

Lori said...

Love the shirt, the pocket hose sounds cool, cause you never know when you might need to whip a hose out of your pocket (giggity), and I think the pile of logs is a giant Jenga game.

Kara said...

You see the coolest stuff on your lunch breaks! I think I need to come have lunch with you someday. ;P

It does kind of look like Noah's ark! Very intriguing. I'll go with Beth's idea-Mother Hubbard's shoe. Love that.

Dinner With the Smiley's sounds pretty neat. I'll have to check it out. Thanks. :)

Daisy said...

I think that thing looks like a giant bird's nest!

Anonymous said...

'And We should not be the individual who complains,Louis Vuitton Totes Woul Tresses delight. celine bags However, you will find 2 models related with novelties. Celine Purse To some beauty professionals, 'stiletto' spells making have a weakness for. Deep pink handbag, it's a snazzy
bag ideal in support of office workers. http://treejosh.
net/wiki-perso/index.php?title=Searching_For_The_Best_Celine_Handbags_Via_The_Online_Market_Place

Kay said...

I have no idea what that thing could be!! I don't remember what the nemesis is for Cpt America for the next movie. My hubby could probably guess what it is, though. I will ask him.

What a lovely day to go for a walk and a show. I do understand not wanting to drop that for ice cream. I am going to attempt to shed the Alaska winter weight now. I just hope I shed some ;-)

Again, great photos with the critters and your books!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like an interesting week. Great shot capturing the handstand. Hope your week is off to a good start.

Karen and Gerard said...

I found out that big round thing in the garden is a work of art--a reading nest!

Post a Comment